Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Re: Chubby activated.

Post by Jaydog » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Shadepiece wrote:I too have some bones to pick with the BoX DM as well. No DM is perfect, but the one thing I'll argue all day is that at least the DM in BoX is fairly consistent. That doesn't mean the same exact thing happens when an aircraft is hit, but does mean you reliably cause damage when you do hit.
BoX is a great sim. The DM is the one thing that really chaps my ass in BoX. I see planes come apart arcade style. How many times do I hit a plane, then 3 seconds later it starts to smoke, or 2 seconds later the wing comes off? People will say it is the G-Force or maneuvers that cause it, but I say bull hockey. If they had a progressive DM like Cliffs, then it would be even better.

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:40 pm

I think I contracted cancer from some of the comments in this thread...

ACG has to evolve like all living things. If evolution doesn't happen things die out and I'm sure that NONE of us want this, I don't that's for sure!
We've been playing Cliffs for years and it's clear the TF have no interest in assisting us with the issues we're facing. The length of the dev-time for Cliffs is far too long as well. How long will we be waiting for TF5 (Inb4 2 weeks comment).

The point I'm making is that the BoX crowd (BoX Bum Boys) aren't saying that Cliffs is a bad game. That's far from the truth, Cliffs is great but we have to move on and try new things. This doesn't mean we won't be coming back to Cliffs ever again. No one has said we won't go back to Cliffs.

As for the Damage Model argument, Cliffs and BoX are completely different games! You can't compare apples to oranges. Yes they are both flight sims but under the hood they are different monsters all together. For example. I could go on about the differences between Battlefield and Call of Duty and how Battlefield has bullet drop but CoD doesn't. That doesn't make Battlefield a better game.

In the end it's all down to taste but don't go shitting on people because they like or prefer different things. You are not going to change people's minds... I put my full faith in the staff of ACG. They've been doing this for years and they know best.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Double

Post by Double » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:55 pm

This thread is nothing short of entertaining and has me rolling my eyes one minute, rolling on the floor the next. We have it all in here, well written post asking questions, poor written posts looking specifically to start a fight, thoughtful posts with concerns, informative posts with answers and even a fluff post to talk about how super edgy they are. :roll:

At the end of the day we are all just a bunch of buddys that like to pretend we are WWII pilots. Lets get back to acting like it. ACG's direction has been decided, either get on board or stop rocking the boat and jump overboard. Now everyone be nice or I'll get Blackdog to start deleting posts.:P

:salute: DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 pm

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 pm

With all respect to Vranac and others that can't let go of Cliffs.....you've only got to look at the facts,TFS have had their chance,you Sunday night Campaigners can't utilize the current version of Cliffs as TFS have buggered it up to such an extent where it's not possible to use this version of Cliffs......period/fact.

DCS is not ready to host such numbers as ACG period/fact......but BoX can,ACG can utilize this platform,so apart from going back to iL46 (don't make me laugh) what else can you guys do,but go 100 % into BoX,it's a no brainer really isn't it ?......I can't see you have any other option.

So besides what would people like Vranac and others who are obviously opposed to this avenue of approach think,their arguments are all at the end of the day,a bit academic,as you guys of ACG have no other option but to embrace BoX 100%,what else can you all do ?

I'm not a Sunday night Campaigner anymore,my opinion is only an outsider's view,take it or leave it,but it doesn't take a mind like Stephen Hawking to realize the only route that is open to you all.

Maybe TFS will pull perform a miracle,pull the rabbit out of the hat and deliver sooner than later,but after God knows how many years of just merrily pissing around in the shallow end and coming up with nothing more short of an eye candy shite fest,that none of you can use,and letting us all down in the process.the writing is on the wall isn't it ?

My two pennies worth anyway,in the grand scheme of things,I suggest you all move on to better things,or at least those things that are useable,Cliffs and DCS are both not compatible with the ACG anymore,sad,but life goes on.

Any arguments that manifest themselves regarding anything other than a positive lean to BoX are not worthy of reading IMO,as there is only one avenue of approach open to you all wishing to battle with large numbers.

I rest my case....not that it took any genius on my part to see the facts that are presented :nuts:

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Von Archie wrote:DM Chubby...
https://gfycat.com/ShockingNaiveKatydid
Now that has me risen again!
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 pm

Wozaworld wrote:
Now that has me risen again!

Code throbbing pink! Warning! Turgid members overload!

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:26 pm

If that happens in VR it will cause more than a chubby...
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Von Archie wrote:Bought it yet vranac?
I wouldn't touch in it's current state (after some five years of development) with a very long stick Archie to be honest. I could try it even for free but for what? To make for you my own videos of these essential problems that this game has? That would be a complete waste of my time.
Netcode, FM and DM are essential things that make a sim.

I'm feeling a bit like that kid in The Emperors new clothes. I'll repeat the developers are well aware about all of these but they don't have a rational answer to that.
Boyezee wrote:Not to mention that some of the issues may have been worked on, or are such isolated incidents as to not be a problem for us etc etc.

I believe Vranac even bought some ‘gaming champion’ buddy on TS the other day to prove to us that the game is shit – not only is that really, really bizarre but again goes beyond normal, rational criticism.

But we have had to put up with his ranting and I'm concerned it may even be influencing unfairly those that are still on the fence about the product without even trying it and understanding the bigger picture for ACG. If he had even used BoX and tried it out before declaring it shit I would at least have some respect for his opinion.

It has been getting on my tits for a while and I finally had enough yesterday which is why I called him a prick, because in my view he is being one.
No dear, they are not working on it and won't be because everything is fine according to them. The netcode problem is there because the pilots have a bad connection and our PCs are not strong enough yet to play this 'simulator' according to them. Strange, no other simulator has this problem and people were testing that with extremely low pings, around 10-20 and it's there.
Netcode would be maybe reworked after Bodenplatte in 2019.

And damage modeling is fine according to Petrovich and every damage that is visualized is accounted by FM.
AnPetrovich wrote:About the "minimum chaos":

now imitation of vortex flow disturbances with torn control surfaces, etc., which leads to aircraft wiggling corresponds to the visualization of these damages. That is, as an aircraft with these injuries looks from outside so she behaves in flight and leads.

If on the plane were painted tatters, as in the photo above, then we would have made the appropriate behavior - how should a plane fly with rags instead of rudders. But modelers and artists drew the way they could in the conditions of technical limitations on 3D (yes, they also have limitations based on technologies, metrics affecting video memory, graphics performance, etc.).

To do it so that the airplane behave not according to how it looks, we do not consider it right. Even under the condition that "such damage does not happen." That's when the technology and the user's computers are pulled up to be able to draw damage "as in life" - that's when we add more of chaos.

In the meantime, we exist in the attached circumstances of the surrounding reality. And, alas, not in the future of flight simulators, where "absolutely, absolutely everything is real."

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/620 ... ent=591648
Just to mention that all these technologies are there and available and all these damages could be drawn without a problem on a seven years old PC and a midrange graphic card from that time. It's their engine that has a problem with that.

And what are you babbling about TS, what champion? Whom did I bought?
I never spoke about BoX even with 64 guys till this Sunday, just asking some chaps that were there what they think. You can check that, ask them.

Kai Lae wrote:In case you were wondering I will respond to his last post. If your vertical stabilizer is shot off your plane will fall out of the sky like a brick. I do not need to go and test this...
So, I'm wrong but you won't test it? Strange. It's very easy and you don't need anyone to help you, just take a Stuka and shoot of the vertical stabilizer. I'm pretty sure that I could find someone from ACG to do the same if you want.

Edit: I posted a link for netcode by a mistake not for DM so I corrected that.
Last edited by Vranac on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stig

Post by Stig » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Don Quixote rides again.