BoS Connection Problem

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jonesy

BoS Connection Problem

Post by Jonesy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:04 pm

So i've had BoS for a number of months now and have experienced no problems. However, since the update i'm experiencing connection issues.

I'm getting two error messages

#1: No connection with authorization server
#2: Your connection to Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check you internet connection

The game has loaded on a few occasions however multiplayer is unplayable. Each server is showing a zero ping.

I've checked my internet connection and it is fine. I've checked my firewall and everything seems to be fine.

Also whenever i play it seems to have gone really stuttery?

I've ran out of ideas so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonesy
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional manchild

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: BoS Connection Problem

Post by Donkey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:26 pm

I think Bunny has this issue, but I don't remember what he did to fix it. May be worth sending him a pm?

Kai Lae

Post by Kai Lae » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Don’t know about no connection but the stuttering is a known problem with workarounds:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34 ... ent-587865

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Jonesy Try again after the message,and feel free to connect to the server...and do not pay attention to ping 0!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 am

Not an ideal solution but some have reported getting persistent issues working with a full re-install. Others have simply had to verify the local files if you have Steam version.

The red zeros for ping are a new bug caused by the update. I expect it'll be squashed soon but doesn't actuall impact your connection to the server.
More vodka Comrade!

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:59 am

Thanks guys. I’ve verified the local files. No change. I’ve deleted the game and done a reinstall again no change. I’ll check out Kai Lai’s suggestion next when I get time.
Professional manchild

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 am

Bugger - it was so many weeks ago (two) I've totally forgotten what I did. It wasn't game end though - it was their server end I think, and possibly my account end. Let me get back to this thread.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:10 am

Jonesy wrote:So i've had BoS for a number of months now and have experienced no problems. However, since the update i'm experiencing connection issues.

I'm getting two error messages

#1: No connection with authorization server
#2: Your connection to Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check you internet connection

The game has loaded on a few occasions however multiplayer is unplayable. Each server is showing a zero ping.

I've checked my internet connection and it is fine. I've checked my firewall and everything seems to be fine.

Also whenever i play it seems to have gone really stuttery?

I've ran out of ideas so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonesy
Right Jonesy - just trudged through a month of browsing history to jog my memory - what an eventful trip that was! No luck, but then delved into the Whatsapp group's history, luckily the images whizzed by so fast I missed most of them :D

And to the matter in hand - I had to change my password for my account. An obscure post mentioned it, no idea where I found that, but it worked for me. Hope it helps? I was getting a "#10030: Invalid Master-Server response. Please try to restore your game files by launching Recovery function in Updater tool." - if that looks familiar?

Good luck! :salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:12 am

Cheers Bunny appreciate your help. I’ll give that a crack after work.
Professional manchild

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks Bunny, I remember you'd had an issue but couldn't *for the life of me* remember how you resolved it!