DCS World Mods

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Toxic

DCS World Mods

Post by Toxic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:36 am

Okay I've been looking on the LockonFiles & EagelDynamics forums for different types of mods.
Back in the day of Lock 1.12 & FC we used LOAC ModMan. I was wondering what mods & mod managers are now essential for having the best gaming experience (if any)!

andddddddd...... GO!

Redeye

Re: DCS World Mods

Post by Redeye » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:56 am

I'll compile a list of what I use shortly. Nothing game changing- just tweaks and polishes.

Toxic

Post by Toxic » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:28 am

I would like to really learn about some Hi Def mods! I want my DCS to look real purrty!

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:19 am

well, i would like to also make everybody aware, that i put an integrity check on the acg server, which will prevent players to join, if they use mods which alter certain files...
so for example if you use any tracer mods, or visibilty mods which adjust the lod models, you will not be able to join.

having said that, its perfectly fine to use for example terrain mods.before using mods though, i would recommend to use jsgme to handle them.before u install a patch, disable them, and after that, re-enable them again.if you dont use jsgme, you will have to install your mods everytime after a patch again, as it will delete/restore the original files.

Random

Post by Random » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 am

I'm currently looking at some of the mods which add more objects, guess everyone needs those though to see them!

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:03 pm

DavidRed wrote:well, i would like to also make everybody aware, that i put an integrity check on the acg server, which will prevent players to join, if they use mods which alter certain files...
so for example if you use any tracer mods, or visibilty mods which adjust the lod models, you will not be able to join.

having said that, its perfectly fine to use for example terrain mods.before using mods though, i would recommend to use jsgme to handle them.before u install a patch, disable them, and after that, re-enable them again.if you dont use jsgme, you will have to install your mods everytime after a patch again, as it will delete/restore the original files.
David, if you could post a link to install JSGME.
A long time ago I used to il2 1946...I forgot :oops:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm

I can list he ones I use. To lazy to get the links right now, but google should sort it out.
I'll edit the post with links later.

1. Mustangs enhanced shaders (Tunes the overall colour to a more pleasant and realistic look)
2. Peter P's mod for sunrays (fixes the washed out blur just form looking in the general direction of the sun and gives propers sunbeams.)
3. High resolution terrain (The edited one, without the farm/city tiles- near the end of the thread)
4. The quickfix for correcting F-16 pods that hang in the air in front of the 3-d model
5. ALL jet engine sounds by Diveplane

All of the mods offer subtle improvements without changing anything other than the visual enhancement.
I don't use JGSME and have to reinstall after each patch- but as I have them sorted in a single "DCS upgrade" folder- the entire process takes me some 5 minutes.

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 am

I cant find the mustangs enhanced shaders mod anywhere. Link please. :D

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 am