DCS: NORMANDY RELEASE 26.5.2017

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

Re: DCS: NORMANDY RELEASE 26.5.2017

Post by Redeye » Sat May 27, 2017 1:40 pm

I guess you've done so- but scoured the ED forums. Lots of bugreports coming in.

Woop

Post by Woop » Sat May 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Nah still can't get in. Reinstalled that update and all.

Atreides

Post by Atreides » Sat May 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Bunny wrote:
Atreides wrote:My first impressions. Enjoy :)
Great watch Atreides - thanks for making it :nice:

As a side note, if you're interested in the Pointe du Hoc event, check out this site http://www.maisybattery.com/the-longest-day

We visited the Maisy Battery a couple of years ago and there's light being shed on the whole Pointe du Hoc assault and possibly some ulterior reasoning behind why that assault happened to be filmed. The whole Maisy Battery website is fascinating - I spoke to the son of the historian who theorised its location and, by gradually buying up parcels of land in the area he thought it was located, did actually uncover the battery that had been filled in by the Rangers themselves, with express orders to mention it to no one. When I was there, there were still more buildinsgs to be dug up - they were beautifully intact, the only graffiti was that of German soldiers from WW2. They also recovered bodies of Germans who'd lain there since the assault and were buried along with the buildings.
Some amazing stories on that site. I wonder where the truth lies though. As it is now it was also back then; that intelligence which was clear to some did not reach the people who needed to know about that. Sometimes it`s just as unfortunate as that. On the other hand, I`m interested to see what these people can ncover about their battery at Maisy.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Sat May 27, 2017 3:37 pm

Likewise - who knows what really happened in the heat of the moment back then - the good old days before interweb and social media.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sat May 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Let me add my tale of woe (but with a happy ending). Well, OK long story-short. It seemed to take forever and I mean constant efforts to get my pre-purchased NOrmandy/WW2 Assets purchase to even be seen by the module manager. I tried so much stuff I could not repeat doing it the same way under penalty of death! I verified my serial numbers several times on DCS's e-shop. I tried writing the CMD commands to the Bin folder under but they were never accepted as valid (??). I rebooted, and debooted, and even pooted, all seemingly to no avail. Then suddenly the manager installed the map, and I don't know why. But I could not fly the map until the Assets module was installed. I had to ctl-alt-del three times because that's how many times it froze my PC. After the 3rd reboot, suddenly I saw that little window that said I could now install the Assets. Up and flying now. Mmmmm....fun. I'm worn out.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Sun May 28, 2017 10:44 am

I am re-installed DCSW 2 and now everything works smoothly.It is still alpha release, and I'm sure the map of Normandy will be much better.And of course, I installed a new Nvidia driver! :nice:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Sun May 28, 2017 10:55 am

Good stuff V!