DCS Mission Scripting Repository

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

IronJockel

DCS Mission Scripting Repository

Post by IronJockel » Wed May 24, 2017 9:51 am

I've created a while back a repository on my Github Account for DCS Missions.
https://github.com/JohannesStrauTHBinge ... S_Missions

So far it contains a little script for spawning of new ground units after a other unit got destroyed, with the Moose Framework.
Some things within the framework / the DCS scripting API are bugged so its often a "lets find a workaround" type of coding. feel free to check it out. Any input will help with the scripting of the Normandy mission, which i plan to make.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Redeye

Re: DCS Mission Scripting Repository

Post by Redeye » Wed May 24, 2017 10:04 am

I can't do shit with scripting, but I am interested in providing input and discussion, mods and resources as regards to mission building.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Wed May 24, 2017 10:29 am

Fair enough.
I'm hoping to make a somewhat dynamic front line, beginning with the bombing of cean, followed by D-day and the allied advance all packed within a smal different mission files that are being loaded based upon what happened in the previous mission. Meaning that the airfields players can use are depended on what the ground forces are currently holding. Mission will go in a 4 hour circle and safe the status of the units airfields etc. With spawn and despawn mechanics i'm hoping to keep the unit count at it's necessary Minimum (No need for a Heavy flak fortification at position x if bombers are still half an hour away).
What would be very great is a inventory list of the different divisions that acted in the area, previous to D-day.
This is by no means something that will be there at day one.
Just some idea for a project that's supposed to be developed over several months. When we get the map on our hands we can make a plan of what we will do. Since we're able to play sounds voice acting by ACG members could be neat. For lets say HG who givs player x position for ground pounding and so on.
For now lets just brain storm around in this topic.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Coopes » Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 am

Lets see if you can steal players from Burning Skies Server

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Tue May 30, 2017 9:16 am

Current mission "TankBattle_v1.miz" is in the repro.