Mission running Problems

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dange

Mission running Problems

Post by Dange » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:55 am

I made numerous missions for IL-2 1946 F. B.'s using Ultra Pac and the Zuti addons . I downloaded the correct version and the HSFX. Everything seemed fine . I then thought that 'maybe ' my old missions might work . Gave it a try ... actually by changing the Map ini and I got some of them the work. Work that is until I come within eye sight of another air craft , then game crashes.
I then built a test mission in the new version , and as soon as I see another ( at least an enemy ) aircraft , the game crashes.

I build them and place them in dogfight...
When I open FMB for one of the old missions , everything is there ( some tweaking in object properties )

Any thoughts ? Like.... is there a cache to empty, resolution , something missing ?

Dange

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: Mission running Problems

Post by Dickie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:31 am

Tbh it'll be a nightmare to sort out so I'd just import the objects via copy and paste in notepad and see what you can bring in and what you can't. Zuti mds was awesome, shame he fell out with HSFX.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:35 pm

I had this problem the other day Dange. It turns out that I didn't update HSFX and that was causing the crash.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dange

Post by Dange » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:03 pm

yes the Zuti mods were great ... I loved the RR option ..

Ok Geordie I'll check that out

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:29 pm

RR had bugs and using it would affect the amount of ammo you were reloaded with. I recall getting about 45 seconds worth from a Spitfire Ia