Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Sharpe

Re: Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

Post by Sharpe » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Sounds like you've been busy. Are these Korea and Vietnam missions ground pounders?

Oh, and this is my request for a mission: Operation Jericho https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Jericho
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 am

I haven't installed the expansion packs so I'll hold off on that for now so we're all running the same version. Could be possibly try one of these missions on Saturday?
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Okidoki, i won't touch the expansions yet.
Korea has a large front line with units fighting each other, we have Shermans, T-34's, artillery guns, emplacements etc. etc. Vietnam also has some ground units like aa guns and airfield plane pens, stationary МиГs etc. and the Americans get ships in the gulf of Tonkin (including the nuclear carrier uss enterprise from which you can fly with USN planes like f8 crusader, phantoms, a4 sky hawks etc.). we also have an American base in south Vietnam (actually it is a base in the south of north Vietnam to reduce flight time to target but i can easily move it to south Vietnam) from which we can fly f100 super sabres and other land based aircraft.
the Vietnamese get МиГ 15's (don't know whether they actually had mig 15's), МиГ 17's, МиГ 19's and МиГ 21's (early versions).
both korea and vietnam can come with tons of ai but i also have those missions without them.
the Battle of Britain also has a lot of ai but it was one of my first missions so expect it to be buggy. The Battle of Holland is also very good but it's a bit beta cause i want to make it the Battle of the lowlands may 1940, so i'll also get some Belgian, British and French planes in eventually. now we only have Dutch and German planes and some front line area's (i am not gonna make the whole front line cause it will cause fps issues due to the amount of units so i just make a few front line areas with fighting going on). there are no ai's yet in that mission. The battle of Burma is one of my favorites. also with a front line area with fighting going on. and a lot of fun planes in my opinion (e.g. hurricane mk II a,b,c,d. u know the b with 12x 7.7, the c 4x 20mm and the d with the 2x 7.7 and 2x 40mm, spit MkV, Ki-43's, zero's and so on though zeroes weren't used much in Burma).
i'll try to make Operation Jericho Saturday but i don't know whether i will finish it this week cause it's getting rather busy for me at the moment (test's and stuff going on, after next week things will be quieter).

i think we can try it out on Saturday no problem. we just need a time. utc+1 here.
so in the evening will be no problem though i am off all day so time is no issue for me.
the question is who got bat mod and hyperlobby already and is able to play?

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm all about that Phantom or Sky Hawk!

It may be worth sending out a message to the usual crew
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Geordie wrote:I'm all about that Phantom or Sky Hawk!
Seconded.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 am

I would like to join, but first need to find out how to install those patches.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

If you go to the link I posted earlier and download the .zip file there is a PDF in there will a guide on how to install and run everything. You will need a fresh IL-2 install. I advise you copy your IL-2 1946 folder and have 2 separate installs that way, a un-modded version and a BAT version. It'll save you a lot of hassle. You will need a lot of HDD space though! It's not a small file and takes a while to both download and install. Fully worth it though!

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:48 am

it is indeed worth it. make sure however that your game is version 4.12.2.
btw. Geordie, is it necessary to install sas modact 5.3 before installing the mod? because i did that but it might be in the BAT mod.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm

From the top of my head I couldn't tell you. It's all in the manual though https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/ ... cseen.html. The only thing that isn't in there is if you use the BAT torrent (like I did) you'll need to download the BAT installed separately and put it in the same folder as all of the BAT zip files as for some reason the torrent doesn't include it.

It's straight forward though, fair easier than CUP was.

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Oke so I need to download the installer aswell. Ty Geordie.