Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Re: Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

Post by Geordie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Did you follow the whole guide? You launch the game with the SAS launcher.
=
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Woekie is gonna help me.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 pm

This thread has re-piqued my interest in doing some 1946 stuff but I struggled to attend the previous events as I usually have plans on a Saturday night ( :B: ) - so if I got this all set up would it be fairly easy for me to run a server to do some ad-hoc advents on a week night?

Also I'm running HSFX as well - do I just uninstall that and install this better pack?

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Boyezee wrote:This thread has re-piqued my interest in doing some 1946 stuff but I struggled to attend the previous events as I usually have plans on a Saturday night ( :B: ) - so if I got this all set up would it be fairly easy for me to run a server to do some ad-hoc advents on a week night?

Also I'm running HSFX as well - do I just uninstall that and install this better pack?
You'll need a fresh install to get this up and running and wont work with HSFX. Just re-install 1946 and copy the game folder to another location, I have a HSFX version and a BAT version now. I won't be able to attend weekday ad-hoc events sadly. I'm still based in Shrewsbury until February then I'm waiting on my new posting.

I'm going to have a play around with the editor tomorrow and see what I can get up and running.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm

make sure u install the SAS modact 5.3 first cause rowns did not get it to work without modact 5.3: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 662.0.html.
i also installed the other 2 beforehand it won't hurt to install all 3 (so modact, ai flyables and the jsgme). after that just run the .exe of the bat mod and youre ready to go.

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Rowns and i got it to work. multiplayer and everything is working fine. i hosted a battle of Burma game and we tested some p40 vs. Ki43 action. it all works perfectly.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Very well, i'll bite
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Mesa

Post by Mesa » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:08 am

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, GIVE UP!!!
Man loves liberty, even if he does not know that he loves it; he is driven by it and flees from where it does not exist.

Men have no special right because they belong to one race or another: the word man defines all rights.

No me pongan en lo oscuro a morir como un traidor:
yo soy bueno, y como bueno
moriré de cara al sol.

―José Martí

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:04 am

Oi Mesa, why don't you download the mod and play with us. it will be a lot of fun. :D
I already got everything working and even did a couple MP matches with a few guys.
after this Thursday i will start materializing an il2 1946 mp day (cause i have to make a big test Thursday and i have to concentrate on that instead of il2 1946 :| :lecture: ).
So mate, come and join in and we can do some pacific theater or something. :nice:

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:15 am

Mesa wrote:THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN, GIVE UP!!!
Dude, don't be an asshole. If you're not interested, that's fair enough, don't participate and don't pay any attention to it. But there's obviously interest from others, and Woeki's obviously very invested in doing this to the point of taking the initiative and actually making missions for it. He's putting the work in so that other people can have a good time, the same way Meaker does for those bomber nights you so gleefully participate in.

Behaving like this is just a fucking ungrateful slap in the face to the people who use their free time to give enjoyment to others. Fuck off with that shitty attitude.