Testing IL2 1946

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Broadsword

Re: Testing IL2 1946

Post by Broadsword » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:59 pm

OK, I've deleted BAT and installed HSFX (all the way up to 7.0.3). It all seems to work, but I forgot to copy my controls so I've got to set my warthog up all over again :cry: Still, that shouldn't take more than a few hours...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Post by Secu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Now you have to download Hyperlobby :
http://hyperfighter.sk/download-file-20.html
make a user acount, follow the instructions, and you'll be ready for a multiplayer test.

Miki

Post by Miki » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Some pics, testing HSFX with Secu :

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:33 pm

That cockpit (number 4 shot) doesn't look half bad to be honest, and the in-flight shots are pretty good too.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:39 am

Oooooooh, Typhoons......

OK let's do something about this lads. We need volunteers, ones that don't impact the Sunday mission team. Names please.

1. Central organiser - gathers the men for the mission
2. Mission maker(s) - plans and builds the mission (There are lots online to download ready made) I actually have the urge to build a few for us myself.

I have a server we can use which will not disturb a thing.

I reckon we should do a run of these on Tuesday or Thursday nights. Saturday night is another possibility but you will likely struggle for that.

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Post by Secu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 pm

I can make missions but I only know how to do multiplayer, even complex, mission not dogfight server, I can learn but could takes time.
That means with my missions every player has to join and connect at the right time, when the mission is launched no possibility to join.
It's easier to make with a script, everyone who has ideas and knowledge to do to historical missions is welcome.

I already made a litlle one for 8 players, we can test it, with me as host, thursday instead of our trainig, less than one hour from take off to land.

I'm not fluent in english, so I can't organise the all things, and I'm verry busy IRL. But I'm ready to help for mission making.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Dogfight server missions just need an airfield to spawn in, other than that they are the same thing. We can use co-op play, that is perfect, no problem there so nothing new to learn.

Miki

Post by Miki » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Nice.

I think we should test that ASAP.

Then after, any point about the theatre we may look for ? Stay in western Europe ? Move to Pacific ? North Africa ? No specific theatre, but enjoying the all the possibilities we have and change form one mission to another ?

I would be more than happy to help in mission creation. I've done some, but it was years ago. Dieppe or 42 circa in western front should have my preference.

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 pm

Could we agree to test this on Thursday training night? I feel sufficiently trained from last Sunday crash. Capturing a German airfield with 4 battered Hurricanes and a couple of rusty revolvers should prove the point :)
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 am

Miki, I prefer to explore, no fixed theatre and enjoy the possibilities. If you must have a campaign then make it a mini campaign of no more than 4 missions, or a 2 or 3 part mission.

Choosing the map is probably as important in order to get one with the eye candy. Some of them are shite but most are gorgeous.