Adlerangriff. Mission 19: 11th August 1940 - 0800

RAF flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Toxic

Adlerangriff. Mission 19: 11th August 1940 - 0800

Post by Toxic » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Squadron: No.501 "County of Gloucester" Squadron
Squadron Code: SD
Pilot Name: Toxic
Date: 11th August 1940 0800
Time: 0800
Aerodrome: Hawkinge
Type: Hawker Hurricane Mk.I 100 Octane (Rotol)
Marking: A for Apple

Synopsis: We took off from Hawkinge. I was Gold 3, flying in the massive formation to intercept bandits over the coast at angles 11. We intercepted 110's over Dover at angles 11. During the fight I got a few hits on a 110 but didn't see the krout loving bastard crash, just got him streaming. At that time I heard Osprey crackle over the net telling us we had 109's right above us. After heading west to get away from the engagement area I started a Vx (greatest altitude over time) circle climb up to angles 15. After I was above the 109's I dived down onto a lone 109, hit peppered his engine, got him streaming vapor & thick black smoke. Within a few moments I saw the pilot bail & watched the 109 crash to the ground on the outskirts of Dover.
As soon as he went down I heard a loud ass bang & my engine started giving me fits. That's when I made it back to Hawkinge and crash landed right before strip. It was great fun being back in the Hurri! & back in the 501 , ACG!

claims:
destroyd: 1 x 109
damaged: 1 x 110, shared

losses:
aircraft: Damaged
pilot: OK

Thaine

Re: Adlerangriff. Mission 19: 11th August 1940 - 0800

Post by Thaine » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 pm

On behalf of Vranac

Squadron: No.64 Squadron
Squadron code: "SH"
Pilot name: Vranac
Date: 11th August 1940
Time: 0800
Base: Hawkinge
Type: Spitfire Ia
Marking: V

Takeoff from Hawkinge. We climbed toward Dover and spotted higher contacts above us. Turned back toward Folkestone when one of our guys was attacked by two diving 109s. The fight began. Two 109's dived in front of me and I followed one. His leader went away and he stayed climbing and diving in front of me. That lasted for a few minutes and I got some hits but nothing important was damaged. Finally he went toward Littlestone and I got one succesful shoot. Boom! Plane exploded in front of me and someone shouted over the comms.
Turned back to Dover and found another one. I damaged his cooling and he dived down lower than 5000ft and then I saw tracers flying around and heard some hits. I broke hard but couldn't see the enemy. Probably he was high and dived on me. Luckily I wasn't badly damaged, maybe a few MG hits. I turned around and saw some furball relatively close, but I was almost winchester so I decided to land.
Took of again and met with three other chaps from 64 and we decided to go toward French coast.
We went to Wisant and I wanted to drop them a bag with a message and someone said , better to drop them some flowers :)
I saw two planes on the runaway, waved my wings to them but then I saw two planes at my altitude. I had no choice then to scare them off and attacked one then I left towards Calais but I was followed.
I could't run away because he was gaining on me. I engaged that one but the second one shot me.

Claims:
Destroyed: 1 x Me-109
Probable : 1 x Me-109
Damaged : 1 x Me-109

Losses
Pilot: Dead
A/C : Destroyed
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel