Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: Google Earth VR

Post by Donkey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:19 pm

£400 little pounds Bunny, 4 tiny little one hundreds. Cheap enough to not be given away by sweating profusely when you tell Mrs. Bunny it was "on sale for just under £100". With the added bonus that you can quickly put it on to avoid looking her in the eye...

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Tell her about the whale, Bunny. The whale!
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:08 pm

That's what I thought, Bunners. But then I had the same epiphany that El Donko had and realised that I'd be waiting a long damned time. Very happy that I took the leap, because at £400 for headset and controllers I don't need it to be perfect, just fun. And it's certainly that, even if I'm not going to follow Donkez's suggestion and risk exposing my sensitive eyeballs to the horrific sight of some grot-performer's massive dongler waving around in front of me in full 3d :shock:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:14 pm

Broadsword wrote:even if I'm not going to follow Donkez's suggestion and risk exposing my sensitive eyeballs to the horrific sight of some grot-performer's massive dongler waving around in front of me in full 3d :shock:
The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Cheers Donkez , good detailed advice.
Bought a very expensive new desktop with 1080 card about four months ago and having followed the latest VR story for the last two years I have been keeping an eye out for any hints about next generation. For me I am waiting for inside out sensor's, better graphics and wireless connection. As you know all these are available now and I agree with all you have said, I am now thinking at this rate I will wait for ever so next price drop probably around Xmas I will take the plunge.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

At £400 I doubt you'll regret it. You may go "oh, I can see pixels. Huh". And then you'll strap on a Spitfire in Battle Of Kuban, take her up to Angels 10 and give jerry a bloody good squirt of lead. And then you won't stop smiling. (Although admittedly you may actually vomit the first few times - but that gets better, and Thaine hardly experienced VR nausea at all)

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Broadsword,
Did you try Dirt Rally with VR? I heard it's compatible.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 pm

I heard that but I've not had chance to try it. Apparently Euro Truck Simulator 2 is very good with it - if you set the weather to 'always raining' it's supposed to minimise the screendoor effect :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Ah yes, good old Trafficking and Murder simulator. I'd forgotten entirely about that - it's somewhere in my steam library, I should give it a go.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 am

My main problem is I only really have time to play CloD, sad isn't it. I have Elite, but there's just no spare time at the moment, and also DCS - same problem - and ARMA 3, Farming Simulator etc. If Clod went VR then I would be seriously tempted, but if Clod went VR *and* the next gen came out, then I'm in quicker than a shaved and lubricated ferret up the proverbial. For now I shall just dream of what could be if I had some spare time (unless of course I *need* to buy one for work reasons...then why the hell not!).

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams