Nails

Re: Bomber crew

Post by Nails » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Canny that, Ginger

Broadsword

Re: Bomber crew

Post by Broadsword » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:47 pm

I bought this a couple of weeks ago.

It's actually quite good fun for what is essentially 'Keeping all the Plates Spinning at Once Simulator 2017' :D

You don't have to control much of anything yourself, just order your little dudes to do the necessary. Which is all very well when things are quiet, but making a bomb run often means ordering the nosegunner/bombardier to switch seats, whilst at the same time making sure the rest of the gunners are targeting the right enemies, that the engineer is putting out that fire in the number three and the navigator is running back to get the medkit to treat the pilot who just got shot, then switching back to the bombardier in time to open the bomb bay doors and let the load go. Get there a couple of seconds too late and you're going to have to go around again, unless of course the engineer got shot and there are no more medpacks and so the new fire in the number two is going out of control and the pilot's bleeding again and the Hun are attacking head on because you forgot to put the bombardier back into the nose gun and now the plane's going too slow because you forgot to close the bay doors and in any case the number one engine just fell off as well and the tailgunner ran out of bullets and did we pack enough parachutes.....? :shock: :joyman: :veryangry:

You get the idea. It's a bit of fun if you like that sort of thing...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.