COD WW2

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jammy

Re: COD WW2

Post by Jammy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 pm

After the franchise got rekd by BF1 I am not surprised that this got scrambled into production.
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Bully

Post by Bully » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:32 pm

So I've played a few missions of the campaign. First of all, it looks and sounds fantastic. I could sit there and listen to the magazine pigging out of the Garrand for hours. Little things like heat haze coming out of the engines on the tanks always add to the immersion. The surroundings seem close to how I imagined it would be, dead bodies everywhere, civilian massacres & wrecked vehicles.

But, and as always seemed to happen with medal of honour, it feels like you are taking on the whole of the German army with about 10 guys. Don't like the idea of health packs. Other versions of CoD have had a fixed health pool for a mission. Much better. I have done the 2 missions on regular difficulty, but the Germans are just stupid. Me vs 5 yet somehow I don't get killed.

Of course the obligatory jump on the flak gun and shoot down half the Luftwaffe with no trouble. More kills in one mission here than my whole pilot career in CLod!

I will carry on playing it, it's still fun. Not a game for WWII nerds (like me) but there is enough there to keep me entertained for a few hours. If anyone has this and wants to get involved in some multiplayer let's do it.

What's this new game that can't be mentioned in fear of Onebad jizzing himself to death?

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Hell let loose

Bully

Post by Bully » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:17 am

Looks interesting looking at the website. Will keep an eye on it.

Aguilar

Post by Aguilar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Onebad wrote:Any mention of Hell Let Loose makes me cream my pants.
I haven't heard of Hell Let Loose. When's it coming out and who is developing it? By the way, anyone still playing COD WW2? I'm surprised I'm still playing it once or twice a week. I guess I like it more than I thought I would.