Tannenberg

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Broadsword

Re: Tannenberg

Post by Broadsword » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Don't worry about friend or foe, the servers I've been on mainly have friendly fire off :D Also, friendly players names will appear if you put the crosshairs on them for a second or so, whereas enemies don't. Finally, the ones with the big furry hats are Russians, and the ones with spikes on their helmets are Germans :lol:

As for getting shot dead, I wouldn't worry too much - I've had the odd good game where I've had 30 kills and 20 deaths, but it's mainly the other way around (my reflexes ain't that great at my age). The scoring system leans heavily on how much you've helped rather than just your K:D, so you can still do well if you're spotting lots of enemies, defending your territory from attack, assisting in base captures, but most importantly if you follow your squad leader's orders - go where he tells you when he tells you and you'll get a much better score (though admittedly this doesn't help much if you have a noob CO who doesn't issue many orders...)
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

HotLunch

Post by HotLunch » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Tannenberg, like its predecessor Verdun, is full of deaths from an unknown source. The key is to sprint from cover to cover. Eventually you learn to pick out a helmet or cap poking up above a ridgeline/parapet and snipe it.

I'm enjoying the maneuver gameplay of Tannenberg immensely.
More vodka Comrade!

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 am

HotLunch wrote: I'm enjoying the maneuver gameplay of Tannenberg immensely.
^^^ This :nice:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Vonhye

Post by Vonhye » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Yeah, Tannenberg is awesome! I feel like it is what Battlefield 1 should have been. Rifles are powerful (No more hiding in shitty wooden houses, bullets just go through wall, your head, the other wall and your friend behind it), bayonets are sharp, Russians smell, revolvers reload insanely long. Also, the funny thing is that soldiers of Austria-Hungary have their roles named in Hungarian and speak Hungarian with heavy Dutch accent, but their names are mostly Czech. :D

Bully

Post by Bully » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Played this for the first time this evening - really good fun!

Anyone fancy joining up for a few games one evening?

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 am

LOL - were you in the same match as me?! I saw a 'Bully' and did wonder :D

I have clocked up a few hours and would be interested, but I couldn't do a regular time slot - I'm pushing it with three evenings a week as it is ;) But when I'm on I could message you somehow? What's the best way of getting you?

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 am

I'm up for this but like Bunny it'll be on an ad hoc basis. Messaging on Steam is always an option when we see each other online.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Aye - I tried to get to Bunny last night but when I loaded Tannenberg it said he was online in Verdun, so I switched to Verdun and it said he was in Tannenberg :veryangry: I think their friend spotting software is a bit wonky after the merge, but hopefully they'll get it sorted. In the meantime we could use Steam messaging, but since being on TS would be helpful for coordination anyway I recommend that when we play we get on TS and sit in the 501 channel so that people will know how to find us. The only thing we need then is to figure out the controls for switching squads midmatch, so that we can all get together and make the 501 supersquad :nice:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Hurrah! Yep - TS makes sense once in - the ingame audio is horrendous - last night I had to listen to a chap who was so loud and echo-ey it gave the impression of a really thick Jolly Green Giant sat on the khazi. I changed squads and it turned out the chump was broadcasting his every move(ment?) to the entire army!

They merged the two games a few days ago - probably something to do with the issue. I'm also prevented from joining some games since the merge, something to do with waiting for a message or something like that.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Bully

Post by Bully » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Bunny wrote:LOL - were you in the same match as me?! I saw a 'Bully' and did wonder :D

I have clocked up a few hours and would be interested, but I couldn't do a regular time slot - I'm pushing it with three evenings a week as it is ;) But when I'm on I could message you somehow? What's the best way of getting you?
So it was you :) again saw the name and wondered. I think at one point I ran in front of you jumping up and down like a maniac only for one shot to kill us both.

I think I saw a broadsword playing as well last night in another game.

Yes can’t do a regular slot either - as hoc is good for me!