Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: ArmA 3 - Breaking Point

Post by Dickie » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 pm

I in you fucks. Have there been any updates? Need to get on earlier for a bit of a test

Goat

Post by Goat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:53 am

That was pretty fun... But I think we need some map study sessions.

I can pop up a server on Chernarus where we can explore the map to get the newer guys a bit more familiar... I'll see if it works this week. If it does, I might put some hostile AI on there just for good measure. I'll keep the mod load very low to just the Chernarus map...

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:31 am

Can we do it next Saturday at well?
Shit, I was so pumped up and scared at the same time.. Especially when we all got killed and respawned scattered all across the Chernorus. Sneaking out of Chernogorsk on my own, constantly seeing armed to teeth people shooting at each other was fucking intense!
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:13 am

Fucked off you got killed Goat. I think we need a plan too, like this

1. Meet
2. Get food and water
3. Kill fuckers and nick their shit.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:27 pm

one question to breaking point:
i played it about 2 years ago for several hours (when the dayz hype was very real), but found it boring because there just wasnt much to do. either you did not find any loot at all or just tons of stuff so that you would not have to worry about your supplies anymore. also the loot did not spawn in obvious places like houses and towns, the zombies were no problem at all, too, which for me does not make sense in a zombie-survival-game, and last but not least all players played pvp and just did not care about the different groups.

but to be honest, i played alone, so i may not have seen some positives of the mod.

did they fix anything of the problems above? if you say it's worth playing (i like arma and playing those pseudo-realistic missions), i'd like to join for a few sessions and give it a second chance :nice:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:50 pm

The thing that bothers me most is that if you are in a group and die then you respawn somewhere else and have to regroup. It's easy to die too.

Last night, we got together and went on a mission to get water because the thirst kicked in (too soon imho because you just wouldn't die of thirst in 2 or 3 hours), we all had kit maps, weapons, then one of us got sniped, and it ruined everything because we got pinned down, I killed the sniper when he came to loot, then when we looted him someone shot two more of our group, then he came to loot and I shot him. I was just surrounded by dead bodies. Then a guy runs up with an axe, I ask if it's one of us and Nitrous (a beginner) says that it was probably him so I didn't kill him. It wasn't, he axed me to death.

THAT is frustrating.

Vonhye

Post by Vonhye » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Hey lads, can I join you? Also, which addons do I need to download? From reading your posts, I assume atleast CUP Terrains.

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Just get the BreakingPoint and you're good to go ;)
Apex is actually the thing if you want an additional map, but it's commercial dlc and not mandatory at all.
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Vonhye

Post by Vonhye » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:09 am

Okay. I have all the DLCs (incl. APEX), so I should be safe :D

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:49 pm

at which time do you guys usually meet at saturday? maybe i will be able to join you this saturday.
i installed the mod today, do you have any other mods installed to play breaking point?