Troubles with 2.5 on CW.

Threats, foreign wars and an arms race in the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

MrJollyroger103

Troubles with 2.5 on CW.

Post by MrJollyroger103 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Does anyone have any issues trying to play on the Cold War server or issues trying to connect? Ever since 2.5 came out I can’t seem to get into the session. I have gotten in a few times but i get extremely stutters and it’s just un playable. Was told to try a single player mission And then proceed into cw which I will try today. Now I didn’t do a fresh install of 2.5 beta and just updated it from the previous build but I haven’t had any issues hosting my own server and runs perfectly fine.

comie1

Re: Troubles with 2.5 on CW.

Post by comie1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 pm

I've had no problems joining when the server is running mate. When you are trying to join make sure the mission timer is running as many times it has be hanging on certain mission rotations. If you try to join then it wont work. Apart from that, unfortunately many people are experiencing troubles with DCS multiplayer at the moment and ED are working on it. The stutters you speak of might be the lags caused by new entity spawning which is a networking issue ED are working on at the moment. Once a new entity is spawned in (a jet or heli not already spawned) it will lag for a moment but wont do it again unless you leave and rejoin. Hope this helps chief

MrJollyroger103

Post by MrJollyroger103 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 pm

How do I make sure the mission timer is running? And would you maybe suggest doing a fresh install of the beta 2.5 as I just updated it instead of a fresh install.

comie1

Post by comie1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:37 pm

There is a timer on the right side of the lobby board, if it shows 00.00.00 then it's buggered and most likely says mission springfield.
Do you have issues on loading etc on other servers?