DCS MODERN CONFLICT SIGNUP THREAD

Insurgency and borderless global conflict

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

DCS MODERN CONFLICT SIGNUP THREAD

Post by Redeye » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Mission 0.

Read the briefing- (Has its own thread. It's long. It's to complicated. It's gonna get worse:P)

Available slots: 5 (Chevy 2-6)

Redeye: Chevy 1.

Robo

Re: DCS MODERN CONFLICT SIGNUP THREAD

Post by Robo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:21 pm

I don't have enough experience in F-15 and I simply don't know what I am doing in BVR combat, it's all new to me. :lol: Count me in though!

Fang

Post by Fang » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Well I can start her up, take off and land. Currently working on navigation and then weapons next. So sign me up, looking forward to it.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Keep coming lads! Thre more spots to go- Chevy 4,5 and 6 open for grabs!

For you nuggets; here is a very basic guide to getting up- targeting and popping missiles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koa4MRGj41M

Nitrous

Post by Nitrous » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:13 pm

I'll Fly on the other side in a Mig 29 if you want human enemy.
or
On your side in a captured Mig 29.

Can't stand the F-15 personally.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Well it looks like I've as much experience as Robo and Fang if you'll have me along :D

I'll try and fit in some more training before Monday

Found this channel on YouTube, got some good stuff in it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIIWS- ... g/featured
No.111 (Fighter) Squadron - "Adstantes" - Standing by
"Worry only on the things you can influence and accept there are things beyond your control"

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:57 pm

I'll sign up for this if there's space.

I've finally managed to fix that graphical blackout glitch I mentioned - having swapped out my PSU and memory, re-seated all my connections, tried the GFX card in my alternate PCI-E slot, rolled back my drivers, rolled forward my drivers, changed my GFX power settings, and checked all my direct x drivers, all to no avail, I finally discovered that my GFX card had been over-overclocked. It was supposed to have a manufacturer's overclock from 850something MHz to 954MHz, but instead it had been set at 1020MHz. Most of the time it could cope with this, so there was often no problem, but in DCS world (as well as in Skyrim, XCOM and a couple of other games) it would randomly lock up and have to reset, sometimes twice a minute, sometimes once an hour. With the clock slowed down to 954MHz it seems to work fine, I've flown around for a couple of hours now with no blackouts, and it's still plenty fast enough to run the sim :D

I don't have the MiG-21 so it's an F-15 for me if there's a seat going.

I can take off, land, turn engines and lights on and off, steer a bit, and open/close my canopy and airbrake. Which gives me three days to learn to use the radar and weapons. Should be doable 8-)
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:48 am

Hopefully have mig21's available for the 1st mission too so anyone wanting to fly the engine with wings nailed on let us know

Undecided about callsigns yet so

Mig 1: Random
Mig 2: Toxic
Mig 3: Wolf
Mig 4:
Mig 5:

Will edit others names in as people sign up

Also please be aware I'm tight on time to get the Migs into the mission as a lot of the trigger testing I needed to do didn't happen due to not actually getting home from work for 3 days this week. We may have to wait for tge second mission.

Kraut

Post by Kraut » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:20 am

edited

Sorry I didn't see these are for Mondays, cancel that.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:43 am

They are not for Monday's regularly. They'll just roll when I have the time. It will be a couple of weeks until the next- because I'll be abroad- but sometimes we might have 2 missions in a week etc.

@Nitrous: Down the line I'll be interested in human opponents. Not needed at this time though- thanks.

Chevy 1: Redeye
Chevy 2: Robo
Chevy 3: Fang
Chevy 4: Sabre
Chevy 5: Broadsword
Chevy 6: OPEN

Just to be clear about one thing: These missions will not be like our ww2 camp where we meet the enemy and fight to the death. This will be about conducting missions and flying as a group:)

I also recommend using Diveplanes F15 sound mod (Google DCS userfiles diveplane), 'PeterP's HDR with a D' mod. (This will prevent the enormous glow/glare that the sun produced with a much more realistic one) Additionally I use the texture mod from here:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1 ... tcount=167
Not needed- but IMO it sharpens and improves ground textures nicely.