Hotkey keybind to HOTAS

Anything and everything to do with Teamspeak goes in here.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Sprite

Hotkey keybind to HOTAS

Post by Sprite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm

So I have a very strange issue. Initially I had a driver issue that caused my microphone to stop working. Went through some troubleshooting, such as updating to newest teamspeak software, disabling PTT profiles, etc, before realizing it was my driver all along.

Now I cant bind my PTT to my hotas (joystick or throttle) PC see's both devices and they work properly, but they dont in TS. I've ensure that when adding a new profile 'Default' is selected (NOT keyboard/mouse only) but still not seeing it.

It's actually weirder than that, If I spam push while trying to PTT keybind, it eventually does see my hotas key, but it doesnt capture my voice consistently. So like I'll spam my keybind (which it shows saved as my hotkey) but it keeps dropping off and will only occasionally capture my voice.

Sprite

Re: Hotkey keybind to HOTAS

Post by Sprite » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:39 pm

So far seems like a full re-install of TS fixed it (deleted all profiles and registry). Will update if it happens again.

Leadman

Post by Leadman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Battling this problem now used registry cleaner reinstalled TS no help still not working .

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 pm

If you havent already try using the free version of Revo Uninstaller

https://www.revouninstaller.com/

then download a new TS installer and reinstall. see if that fixes

Leadman

Post by Leadman » Thu May 11, 2017 5:40 pm

I had to go back to old TS vers

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Thu May 18, 2017 7:19 am

Leadman, do you have the installer for the old TS version, or a link to get to it?

Goat

Post by Goat » Thu May 18, 2017 11:53 am

I have a similar problem. It won't let me bind keys on my flight stick, but does let me bind them on the throttle. This started happening a few months ago.

I have a Warthog.

Zalzam

Post by Zalzam » Thu May 18, 2017 5:52 pm

I have a similar problem.

Frederf

Post by Frederf » Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Goat wrote:I have a similar problem. It won't let me bind keys on my flight stick, but does let me bind them on the throttle. This started happening a few months ago.

I have a Warthog.
That's because you have some buttons held down when you attempt to bind a button. With Warthog throttle (or TARGET virtual device) it is common to have a switch set in a position which causes a button press. I had this problem just now and when I went into the Windows USB Game Controller dialog and set all the switches so that none of the red button circles were held highlighted then I could bind a throttle button in TS3.

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 am

Teamspeak question. I am posting here because it seems similar to the underlying issue. This week Teamspeak refused to recognize my normal key input for Push to Talk. In the past, I'd had an issue where it worked sometimes and sometimes it didn't, but this was typically cured by closing Teamspeak and re-opening it. The new problem is different.
Normally, I could program the PTT button by selecting tools, opening the appropriate spot and pressing the intended joystick key. Now, that does not work. The program does not seem to recognize the joystick button input. It did a few times but required additional inputs, i.e. mouse button, etc., to "close" the key bind. Which meant multiple things have to be pressed to talk.
I have tried making sure that no other keys are selected and sought to rebind the PTT. But nothing seems to work.
Anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?
Image Howdy Ya'll!