Idle chat for all ACG and friends

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Re: Actual flying in the UK

Post by Secu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:59 pm

I have to put my models near whatever place my wife is working, and pray for she breaks one... :mrgreen:

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:22 pm

I was thinking exactly the same thing Secu, except my thoughts started with, "I must begin making some models and then I can..." :lol:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:27 pm

:lol:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Tex wrote:Agreed on the meet up. And, I have to share a funny and relevant story.
So, this flight has been on my bucket list for a long time. I initially learned to fly gliders and trained with some exRAF pilots who told me stories that have helped inspire my love of flight and interest in the Battle of Britain. But, the cost of being in a Spit was always a bit of a concern.
Enter my wife.
You may have seen my recent photos of the DVII after interest in Rise of Flight. It was a lovely model and has stood protected on my desk shelf for some time. After photographing it for the forum, my wife commented on how nice it looked and said “why don’t you leave it out so we can admire it.” You know where this is going.
A few days later, she comes to me dour faced and confessed to accidentally hitting it with a pillow. It is toast, and I don’t mean the kind you put Marmite on. I accepted her apology because, let’s face it whether it is rc model or static, sooner or later it is getting broken.
Next day, all on her own, she says to me “why don’t you look into taking that flight in the Spitfire you were talking about? It would mean so much to you.”
I’m a lucky guy for many different reasons.
Def a lucky guy..

As a hurricane pilot ... this may interest you when over
https://www.facebook.com/aerolegends/po ... 0308501108
Fly with a hurricane

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Well, Christmas came in a wonderful way here. It is official, I have a Spitfire flight scheduled for while I am in the UK. The scramble will take off from Boultbee Flight Academy in Goodwood on July 31 around 12:30, unless of course, there is a server crash. I plan to have a chip butty with brown sauce before take off and will return with a permanent smile on my face. You have no idea how excited I am about this. The flight apparently goes out over the Needles and coastal areas where we fly. I may never come down.
Thanks for the suggestions as I would have never dreamed of this without them.
Now, I have to go earn some money to pay for all this.
Tex
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Wow! Awesome news Tex. I trust you will be getting it all filmed?

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Lucky bugger :B:
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:04 pm

EXCELLENT!!! Glad to have been of help.... am very jealous and hope you have an amazing flight with blue skies!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Wow, just Wow
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Nails

Post by Nails » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 pm

I think that's the same company used by Suggs - Madness (WW2 Treasure Hunters)

Pilot did a loop, and Suggs was trying to keep his last meal down!