TrackIR and BOX

Mother Russia invaded by ACG!

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

TrackIR and BOX

Post by Tex » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Just got my Steam sale copy of BOX and started the long haul of setting up controls. I could not, for the life of me, find a way to activate the TrackIR. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Steps so far:
1; activating trackIR and selecting Il-2 BOX profile.
2; reviewing set up, graphics and camera sections in game
3: rebooting and restarting TrackIR before game
4: reading FAQ and Forum
5: cursing
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Von Archie

Re: TrackIR and BOX

Post by Von Archie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 pm

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 pm

I have track Ir and game worked with it since i lanched it first time.

-What i do is start track ir
-select my bos profile
-go in camera and in Video procesing Mode insted precision select Standard and then minimize my track ir
-start BoS game

If game crashes or i close it in task manager even if track ir is working i have to turn it of before starting BoS game again.

Also what i noticed in game if im using outside views or padlocks and i crash, my track ir will stop working in game untill i pres F2 and f1 again, but rest works ok

Do you see track ir is recognising your clip or reflectors, i dont remenber of having to activate any key just for track ir in game.

Did you just adjust your cloD profile and save it as new BoS profile (i did it like that) or you created new from start for BoS, maybe some hotkeys fore pause and precision in Track ir you didnt change so your somehow turning it of while in game

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am

I had downloaded TrackIR again to make sure I had the most updated version. Then, restarted it and selected the stock IL-2 BOX profile. Then, launched the game.
On Cliffs, I seem to recall there was a key or input you could select to enable TrackIR and wondered if there was the same thing here. I will try again and maybe it will magically start working.
I have a similar problem with Teamspeak where sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't with no rhyme or reason to it.
Could be me.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Von Archie

Post by Von Archie » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:27 am

I don't think there is a tick box for TiR in BoX (could be wrong) , pretty sure my old TiR3 just works automatically. In fact it works better in BoX than Cliffs, where sometimes I have to restart the game to get it working.
Computers eh!
i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs
VPC MongoosT-50 joystick / MFG Crosswind pedals / GVL 109/111 Throttle / Oculus Rift

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Inexplicably, it has started working. No idea why but I won’t jinx it by asking questions.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:20 pm

:nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 pm

:B:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Darky

Post by Darky » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 pm

mine just works and so does VR

"I, Brian Anthony Dark, Swear by Almighty God that I will be Faithful and bear True Allegiance to His Royal Highness King George VI, his Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in Duty bound, Honestly and Faithfully Defend His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all Enemies and will Observe and Obey all Orders of His Highness, his Heirs and Successors, and of the Air Officers and other Officers set over me."