Post Scriptum - 9th SS Panzer Division

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Meaker

Re: Post Scriptum - 9th SS Panzer Division

Post by Meaker » Sat May 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Tex wrote:I have a friend who went to a school called West Point that wants to play too. He is not an air guy, was an Abrams commander, so not in ACG. Could he still join us? Or do you have to be part of ACG?
Sorry Tex,but owing to limited places,we are having to keep our recruitment within ACG for the foreseeable future,trust you understand.

Krass

Post by Krass » Mon May 14, 2018 2:14 pm

This looks neat.. sign me up for a pair of size 10 Jackboots please. A Kar 98K will do nicely :nice:
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Meaker wrote:@ Boyezee,Iron Jockel and Onebad........Thanks very much chaps,appreciate the support :D

Guys,we'll need to know your weapon of preference rifle,Sub MG,MG42 etc.
Not sure which weapon I will be the least worst with, I would say stick me down as a rifleman :nice:

Jackman
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan
contributor

Post by Jackman » Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Boyezee wrote:
Meaker wrote:@ Boyezee,Iron Jockel and Onebad........Thanks very much chaps,appreciate the support :D

Guys,we'll need to know your weapon of preference rifle,Sub MG,MG42 etc.
Not sure which weapon I will be the least worst with, I would say stick me down as a rifleman :nice:
Rifle for me as well but any opportunities for a few shots with the MG42 would be a bonus :salute:

May today be better than yesterday, but, not as good as tomorrow.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Mon May 14, 2018 9:33 pm

If at all possible I'd like to get my hands on a sweet sweet StG. 44.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue May 15, 2018 1:01 am

Would it be possible for me to switch squads so I can fight alongside my bois Onebad and (sigh) Kildren?

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Tue May 15, 2018 11:51 am

put me as squad lead of my squad so i can order and film luftPasher and Onebados Reenact the horny Closeted Homosexuals of WW2

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue May 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Kildren wrote:put me as squad lead of my squad so i can order and film luftPasher and Onebados Reenact the horny Closeted Homosexuals of WW2
Fixed that for you.

Berethor

Post by Berethor » Wed May 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Kildren wrote:
Berethor wrote: The leader of a Panzergrenadier squad had an MP40 or STG44 later in the war.
2 lmg's were present in the squad.
The weapon of choice for the remaining 6 man should be the STG44, but lot's of information I read so far indicate that those were actually pretty rare (same with the gewehr41/43)
As a result, most men had to use the 98k, those men were also able to carry different types of handheld AT weapons.
(I cannot guarantee the historical value of the composition I posted above, feel free to provide more information if you know more than me
Probably the most accurate makeup would be

Sq/leader: mp44/mp40/kr98k
2nd/leader: Kr98k/Gewher41/43
Medic: Kr98k
Machinegunner: mg34/42
AT soldier: kr98k/panzerfaust/panzershrek/AT grenade
Rifleman/medic: K98K
Rifleman/Sniper: K98K/Scoped
Rifleman/Engineer: K98K /explosive charge
Rifleman: K98K

If its going to be similar to squad then you can have some unique units in a squad so ^ is probably the best combo but if not then ^ is also a pretty standard German combo just take away the sniper and engineer
Thanks for the info Kildren, I've dug through german Kriegstärkennachweisungen (KStN) and found 2 "designs" for Panzergrenadiersquads i'd like to use if possible.

K.St.N.1114a from 1.11.1944 uses 2 types of Züge. One being an Sturmzug (Assault Platoon) equipped with STG44's only and the second type of Zug being a Schützenzug(Rifle Platoon) having MP for the lead, 2 MG's and for the rest rifles(medic and 1 scoped rifle included). Instead of using whole platoons though i'd step it down to the next step being squads, so we'd end up with an assault squad and 2 rifle squads. Handheld AT weapons were seperated in a small section, i'd include them directly into the squads for gameplay reasons.

If the game doesn't allow things like an STG44 only squad, or you lot dislike it we can also divert to K.St.N.1114 from 1.11.1941 which is very similar to the Rifle Platoon from KStN 1114a (see above) in game relevant structure.

@Shadepiece
In terms of direct weapon assignments: I'll do those once we went through the first playtest. For now i keep a file with notes on who prefers what wapon.
Also, you said you'd be up for squadlead if needed, do want to take over squad 1?(which would become the STG44 squad if the game allows it)

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Wed May 16, 2018 10:20 pm

That would be quite fine, thank you!