DCS WWII Combat Dedicated Server

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dave

Re: DCS WWII Combat Dedicated Server

Post by Dave » Thu May 28, 2015 6:27 pm

Yeah it never seems to be up whenever I've tried to play in the last few weeks.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Fri May 29, 2015 8:15 am

That is because i am the only one that hat eben checking in on it. But because 99% of the time it is emtpy i stoped spending so much time on it.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Fri May 29, 2015 8:18 am

Thanks for replying IronJockel.

A few of us have been flying DCS a lot more recently, hopefully there will be more of us using it now.

And bearing in mind the direction the Fighting Legends server has gone it would be good to have our server up for others to use now.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Fri May 29, 2015 9:14 am

I make sure it running when i am home today.

edit:
It's online again.
If it crashes just contact me on steam.
You can find me in pittys ospreys friendlist.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:01 am

Picked up DCS (P-51D for now) two weeks ago and was looking around for the server, is it still running or are we all hibernating and waiting for the Normandy map?

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:57 am

It was still running yesterday and still should be :nice:
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Just making sure it's fine on my end, I'm running DCS World 1.2.16.43180 with the ACG WW2 6.0 mod through JSGME and the P-51D module.

I've tried connecting by IP but it simply says 'Can't Connect' and it doesn't show up on the server list. My client also only finds 18 servers compared to the 85 in the OP and seems to be limited by a 500 ping search. Would there be a limit that restricts which servers you can connect to due to ping? It's also strange that the highest ping I tend to get to any European server is around 350-400 yet 10 of the 18 servers showing for me are all above 400 ping.

Vanguard

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Vanguard wrote:Just making sure it's fine on my end, I'm running DCS World 1.2.16.43180 with the ACG WW2 6.0 mod through JSGME and the P-51D module.
That's why.
Our server is currently running the latest open beta build of DCS. Since EDGE is included in it there's also no need for the modpack anymore. The spotting is way better with it.

And just in case here's the link to the Beta: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/e ... world/1.5/
It won't affect your stable build at all; basically it's like a seperate game.
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:35 pm

I have to admit, I've been away from DCS for quite some time now. DCS World 2.0 alpha is available now
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... world/2.0/

But it's not useful for WW2 fighters at the moment because its scope is NEVADA TEST AND TRAINING RANGE only, yeah?
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:01 am

Cheers Falcon, downloading now.