Ace Combat 7

Flight Simulator X, Prepare3D, X-Plane,...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bananarama

Ace Combat 7

Post by Bananarama » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:49 am

Hello!
I watched a few gameplays and other videos concerning Ace Combat 7, and I can already hear a tiny voice in my head saying: I am interested. It happens from time to time when I just browse the Steam store and suddenly find SOMETHING. Then I get an incredible urge to buy a certain game being convinced it is the best game in the world for me. I can sometimes stop myself but more often I can't. Fortunately, Steam has a return window with generous conditions. But to the matter at hand. Ace Combat 7. It looks awesome and I really feel like playing it but...I have never played any flying simulation games. I tried a few times but failed miserably. Is Ace Combat good for a newbie? Should I buy it and give it a go or should I let go?

Thaine

Re: Ace Combat 7

Post by Thaine » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:08 am

I haven't played it. Myself, I would let it go. I you're interested in flight simulation we're able to help you. But first you need to make up your mind about what you want to do.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

LuftAsher

Re: Ace Combat 7

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:55 pm

Ace Combat isn't a flight sim, it's arcadey as hell with almost nothing in the way of realistic physics or flight modeling, and the story and world are basically an anime with fast jets.

It's awesome, stupid, good fun, but if you're looking for a legit flight simulator this ain't it.