FSX Aircraft

Flight Simulator X, Prepare3D, X-Plane,...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Ninja

Re: FSX Aircraft

Post by Ninja » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:37 pm

have you tried them in P3D yet as some seem to install ok using the migration tool but sometimes certain functions stop working.
Don't know if that applies to A2A aircraft but I have had issues with Ifly 737 and Ultimate airlines DC9 to name two, certain buttons not working anymore or missing textures.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:59 pm

All my A2A addons seem to work fine. Had some issues with their auto-updater for the C172 but that's it. I do know that the PMDG stuff can act a bit odd using the migration tool, but there are fixes available. Mind you I bought the P3D version of the NGX so it works fine for me.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:56 am

Speaking of the NGX, I just finished my first proper flight in it.

It mostly consisted of various stages of panic, only a vague understanding of what all these buttons I was pressing were, wanting desperately to crawl back under my Airbus safety blanket, but in the end I landed at Glasgow without incident. Of course I pretty much ignored the speed and height restrictions for the SID and STAR, but I had enough on my plate as it was, so hopefully I can be forgiven for that... Too used to the good old A321 taking care of that stuff for me I suppose...

Now to do it again, this time with FS2Crew running, instead of Ham-fistedly blundering through the preflight by myself. :lol:

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:49 am

:nice: I tend to repeat myself. There's a reason those planes are manned by two pilots.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Does FSUIPC work in P3D? I'm not sure if you are running that though Buzz.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:37 pm

I have a limited version of it that came with GSX (I think it was GSX anyway) and it seems to work perfectly. I've been meaning to get the full version tbh, but it feels painful to part with 30 quid for an addon that lets you rebind controls a bit better or whatever. Especially since I still need to get my hands on a traffic addon as well as the PMDG 777 (a bit of a personal holy grail of addons that I'm working towards). Plus at some point I do want to eventually dive into X-Plane, since they've got a few planes like the A330 that aren't modeled by any FSX/P3D addon in any great detail.

Ninja

Post by Ninja » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Yes Pariah FSUIPC does work in P3D,
The program is dual installer P3D and FSX, the one licence fee works for both FSX and P3D or both if you wish.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:34 am

Absolutely loving the Boeing 377 atm. It's like A2A, PMDG and FS2Crew had a threesome and the B377 was their love child.

^as an added bonus, it seems to work with GSX. Just so long as you don't order catering, anyway... :?

Mesa

Post by Mesa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:22 am

Buzz wrote:Absolutely loving the Boeing 377 atm.

You've got to love those old prop passenger aircraft from the heydays of leisure flight. I mean this is quite literally a photo of sleeping arrangements in the 377 (look at all of that leg room!!!) and milk that doesn't come in a glass for ants!
Man loves liberty, even if he does not know that he loves it; he is driven by it and flees from where it does not exist.

Men have no special right because they belong to one race or another: the word man defines all rights.

No me pongan en lo oscuro a morir como un traidor:
yo soy bueno, y como bueno
moriré de cara al sol.

―José Martí

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 am

Yeah pretty crazy by today's standards. I think that attitude towards flying probably died out along with Concorde. Shame really. Take the VC-10 for example - it was incredibly comfortable and well-loved by passengers, and still today holds the world record for the fastest sub-sonic transatlantic crossing, but it got ditched because buying a shitload of Boeings and packing them full like sardine cans was more cost-effective... :roll: