[X-Plane]

Flight Simulator X, Prepare3D, X-Plane,...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Miki

[X-Plane]

Post by Miki » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:35 pm

New for me.

I keep FSX for the Boeing 737 NGX, an I will run X-Plane for the Airbus 320.

Received my game two days ago. Here is the JARdesign A320 flying over Thames :

Last edited by Miki on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archangel

Re: X-Plane

Post by Archangel » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:38 pm

So what r u doing in the right hand seat then....

Practicing as the Flight Officer?
"Never argue with an idiot - they only drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience" (Unknown)

Miki

Post by Miki » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Right seat is mainly for the screenshot.

But I should train more as a F/O.

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Not too bad Miki! :nice:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:09 am

X-Plane is something that's long been on my wishlist, but it's not what you'd call cheap. I usually have to choose between it and buying more addons for FSX, and the latter usually wins...

Miki

Post by Miki » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Yes for sure.

That why I've just bought it, found it @ 30.00 euros.
But the game itself is like FSX, it's, IMO, more a game engine than a complete flight sim, and you have to buy again more add-on :)

I will try to keep the payware on X-plane as low as I can, playing with it for the Airbus. I've bought one major airport, already got Toulouse (Aerosoft is fair as I can use the airport on FSX and on X-Plane), an I'll go for a weather add-on software...

I've tried the sat pictures but I don't like it as my GC doesn't support more than zoom level 16. A point I really appreciate are the OSM for the autogen.

For this screenshot, I have OSM autogen, a new mesh (with some new generics ground textures), a haze effect, all freeware. 45 to 60+ FPS => Happy.

Miki

Post by Miki » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:51 pm

Testing the Jar Design A330 :

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:43 am

How is it Miki? I've actually bought X-Plane since my last post in this thread. Getting some enjoyment out of the Flight Factor 757 at the moment, but JarDesigns' A330 has been on my wishlist for a while. Love the plane, but there isn't a single decent one available for FSX/P3D atm. The FF A350 looks quite nice too...

Miki

Post by Miki » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:43 am

Hi Buzz,

I must say I really like this aircraft, as well with the A320, both of JarDesign.

Ok, it is not a PMDG one. You don't have FS2crew. Some MCDU (FMC) options are not present. LNAV is not the best one etc etc.

But :
- the team seems working hard to push foward,
- the FBW are very good and smooth,
- cockpit interface is more friendly user than the A320,
- And for me the point : the atmosphere is outstanding. I really feel flying a big one with this A330 !

I suggest you look this review (in five parts - 3 & 4 are the mains):

By the way, how is the 757 ? I'm looking after the 777 (PMDG is too expensive on P3D...).

Miki.
Last edited by Miki on Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:54 pm

The 757 is pretty nice. Bit quirky because it's an old plane, but I like it. The VC is possibly the best looking I've seen in any sim (the lighting effects are fantastic), and it has service-based failures much like the PMDG planes. The FMC is fairly spot on too, although there are a few oddities, like the pos init page doesn't seem to work 100% correctly, but it doesn't make much actual difference to flying.

You also have to manage air conditioning and cabin temperature, which is a nice addition that I'm not used to with FSX planes (except for A2A's ones anyway). IIRC you can freeze to death if you don't manage it properly. I think you can even put on the oxygen mask if needed. Also, it has mouse-wheel support, which I really like.

I believe Froogle did some videos on it a while ago if you'd like more info. FF's 777 is pretty good from what I've heard, although I already have the PMDG one for P3D. That said I may get it at some point anyway, just because I'm really enjoying the better performance and visuals of X-Plane at the moment vs. P3D, and I absolutely adore the B777. Wonderful plane.

Edit: Ahhh, I didn't realize that the JarDesign Airbuses have the ACARS modelled. That's rather nice - it's missing from the aerosoft one.