X-Trident Tornado

Flight Simulator X, Prepare3D, X-Plane,...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Miki

X-Trident Tornado

Post by Miki » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:12 pm

Anybody flying it ?

I must say I'm impressed by how the AAR looks like...

See there @ 1'30 :

Dave

Re: X-Trident Tornado

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Yeah I've got it. Considering it's not a DCS jet it's fairly impressive, especially for an open beta. The sounds are not very good though sadly, and X-Plane's supersonic flight modelling is a bit wonky. I still wish we had it in DCS instead though.

Miki

Post by Miki » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks Dave,

Come and fly the one of BMS...

Dots

Post by Dots » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:06 pm

The Tornado will always have a special place in my heart.
We were running a jcop in baquba and wanted to do a show of force overflight.
USAF F-16's informed us ROE prohibited flights below 10000 feet. Then an RAF controller cut in and said he had a Tornado on standby in our AO for CAS who would be more than happy to oblige! Our fisters set it up and we all gathered around to watch. I climbed the bombed out stairs of our 3 story building tallest in our AO) and got a really good view.
Just over the palm trees I saw a black smudge coming our way a couple of miles out, no sound. Very quickly it got close enough to see it was the jet trailing plumes of thick black smoke-and then it was flying past our building.
He was very close to Mach, because we did not hear him until he was right next to the building. He was so close to the building that I could see the pilots looking at us and giving a thumbs up, and low enough that I saw over the top of the aircraft from my position atop a three story building.
Must say the Anglo-Saxon/Welsh blood in my veins burned watching these guys! Very impressive and reinforced the impression I had of all the British military forces I had met in theatre-very much "Let's bloody well do it!" Instead of worrying over politics and ROE.
It's one of my better memories from my three years in the sand box.

Dave

Post by Dave » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:51 pm

Miki wrote:Thanks Dave,

Come and fly the one of BMS...
There's a Tornado in BMS? Why the hell didn't anyone tell me! :lux: