Need help with General Avation - Lesson sign up

Flight Simulator X, Prepare3D, X-Plane,...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Miki

Re: Need help with General Avation - Lesson sign up

Post by Miki » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:17 pm

Elos wrote:How far has X-Plane 11 progressed yet in its development path?
We are at version 11.02, and beta 11.05 (you can test the BETA, like DCS). XP10 was updated till 10.50+. So plenty of updates to come.
Elos wrote:Would you guys rate it as a "finished" product?
Definitely. And with the above point, a finished product that will continue to evolve.
Elos wrote:What's the perspective on aircraft modules and how well is it integrated into the common "multiplayer" environments with ATC etc.?
Witch kind of aircraft ? For airliners, you have some top add-on like the IXEG 737-300, Flight Factor Boeing 757, 767, Rotate MD-80. Plus a really good mod for the default 737. Plenty of other aircraft are coming. A lot are being updated from XP10 to work for XP11. Like the SAAB 340 (study sim), CRJ. An A320 is coming, MD-11 etc etc. No show stopper for multiplayer..
Elos wrote:And what's the state on multi-crew cockpits?
Only one add-on can do it : smartcopilot. It's not attached to one aircraft, but each aircraft needs a config file to work. That's mean you can do some sharedcockpit with all the aircraft, with the condition you have a dedicated cfg file, or that you create one (and that's not a piece of cake...)

And we have a demo out there.

Elos

Post by Elos » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you for the long and thorough answer Miki. IRL time constraints (work etc.) permitting I think I'll hop onto X-Plane 11 at some point in the future (starting small with one engine props). I'll probably need a newer and more powerful rig in the long run though and I have to study up a little on general aviation basics and procedures...

Gelobt sei, was hart macht.

Miki

Post by Miki » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:46 pm

What are your PC specs ?
X-Plane is really FPS friendly, compared to FSX and P3Dv3 - can't tell for P3Dv4.

katanauk

Post by katanauk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:50 am

Thnaks for sharing your feedback Elos.