Flight Sim World cancelled. Great article on fickle Flight Sim community

Flight Simulator X, Prepare3D, X-Plane,...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bonkin

Re: Flight Sim World cancelled. Great article on fickle Flight Sim community

Post by Bonkin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:07 pm

Thank you Bunny. Echoes my sentiments exactly.

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Bunny wrote:We should be spending our time on researching the next front, researching the possibilities of mission making in the new BoX arena, how we're going to organise sides - all the fun stuff to look forward to, being proactive, being passionate about our move to fresh pastures.
Just so we're 100% clear, this is already happening, and is completely independent of the ATAG/ACG/TFS bullshit that's been kicking off. The preparation process is not something that's being harmed, swayed or otherwise influenced by the recent forum drama. Indeed much of the progress we've made happened before any of the recent dust-ups.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Bunny wrote:We should be spending our time on researching the next front, researching the possibilities of mission making in the new BoX arena, how we're going to organise sides - all the fun stuff to look forward to, being proactive, being passionate about our move to fresh pastures.
Just so we're 100% clear, this is already happening, and is completely independent of the ATAG/ACG/TFS bullshit that's been kicking off. The preparation process is not something that's being harmed, swayed or otherwise influenced by the recent forum drama. Indeed much of the progress we've made happened before any of the recent dust-ups.
Well aware of that and looking forward to it immensely, but the energy spent on that bullshit you refer to is wasted energy and is now helping no one. Not our future that is another path, not TF5 that may be another path we may like to take advantage of one day.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Bunny wrote:Divisive behaviour on any side is exactly that, divisive.
Oh no it isn't... :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:27 pm

@Bunny I think you'll be pleasntly surprised in the very near future about what we are going to announce. Two weeks??

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Shadepiece wrote:@Bunny I think you'll be pleasntly surprised in the very near future about what we are going to announce. Two weeks??
Tell me it's hoverboards - please!! :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Broadsword wrote:
Bunny wrote:Divisive behaviour on any side is exactly that, divisive.
Oh no it isn't... :D
<slap>

:lol:

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Well said Bunny. As a total outsider, I had no clue about what the whole ATAG, TFS, ACG, (add all other necessary letters here) had going on between them. I just enjoyed the ACG sim experience and that was enough for me. I have wandered to a few of the other Blitz servers and even hopped on the ATAG teamspeak a time or two. The people I spoke to sounded a lot like the folks I've met here, i.e. strange accents and an odd sense of taste in sandwich spreads. The undercurrent, I felt, was a shared interest in World War Two history and the Battle of Britain in particular. And that was enough for me.
I recognize now there are what I would call factions within that little community. I have naturally taken the side of the ACG members, even though I have not met or talked to some of them once, simply because I count myself in that group. That doesn't mean I was not looking forward to flying over the desert or cheering on each new "update" from TFS.
I'm self-centered and simply want to have fun doing something that really interests me. I get the benefit of the hard work - like all the guys who volunteer as GC or those who have helped develop the game we play - and give little back other than being a target for some lucky 109 pilot.
Lately, I have sensed - through the forums mainly - a really dark undercurrent creeping into all this fun. Part of me is drawn to reading these posts because I want to be part of the community. But part of me is drifting away because the "fun" of watching the meltdown is losing its edge.
I could keep flying the Battle of Britain indefinitely, its my favorite theater. But, I'm also looking forward to the switch and hoping this other "edge" of the game dies out.
Rant over.
Image Howdy Ya'll!