Battle of Arras 1940 Wargame

Our World in miniature, but it'll mostly be aeroplanes...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Quinn

Battle of Arras 1940 Wargame

Post by Quinn » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 am

Hey all!

How are you all doing, a lot of you probably don't know me yet but I saw this forum and couldn't resist to share a project I am working on at the minute.

I myself am a modeller, but also a wargamer, and I am currently designing my own historical wargaming rules for WW2 combat with a focus on realism and would require a bit of roleplay for it to work properly, this isn't your typical 'easily-competitive' type of wargame, and combat is at a Company Size in 1/72 scale.

The first battle I am designing is the Battle of Arras, 1940. A conflict between the retreating British Expeditionary Force, The 3e Legere Mechanique '3rd Light Mechanized division, against the invading 7th Panzer Division, and the 3rd SS Panzer Division 'Totenkopf.'

For each Division represented, there is about 2 companies, usually per side, and there is proper rules to do with communication so depending on what faction you are, it will be done differently, for example the British are lucky to have a pretty liberal distribution of radio at a Platoon level, so communication can be more easily achieved as long as the Radioman is kept alive, as the French, having radio at Company level, can only communicate on the field through use of Runners.

I am very excited to see the progress and it is still in an early phase, I haven't even bought any models yet, hopefully starting soon :liar: . Current Progress consists of the rules and of the force compositions.

I hope you guys like it and I am probably going to share pictures and other information as it grows, I am also modeler and am currently working on BF 110 in 1/72 scale as part of my Battle of Britain collection, so expect photos of that!

Anyway, have a good day!

Regards,
Quinn

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: Battle of Arras 1940 Wargame

Post by Donkey » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:50 pm

Sounds very interesting indeed - I for one would be very happy to follow your updates.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Yes, I love the sound of this very much indeed. Looking forward to pictures and updates!

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Post by ArcEye » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:05 pm

Yeah same look forward to seeing it and hearing more about it.

ArcEye

LuftAsher

Post by LuftAsher » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:41 pm

If you need a play tester, let me know. I play a lot of Crossfire so I have company-sized elements aplenty.

Quinn

Post by Quinn » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:13 pm

LuftAsher wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:41 pm
If you need a play tester, let me know. I play a lot of Crossfire so I have company-sized elements aplenty.
Definitely man, once I get the rules finished, I will send them over your way :)

Grumpy
Flight Lieutenant
Flight Lieutenant
Adjutant

Post by Grumpy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:11 am

Sounds great. But I think it's already been done :lol: :

Adjutant, No. 111 (Fighter) Squadron. Adstantes

Nor law nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds.
A lonely impulse of delight
Led to this tumult in the clouds