Eduard FW-190 1/48

Our World in miniature, but it'll mostly be aeroplanes...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kurse

Re: Eduard FW-190 1/48

Post by Kurse » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 pm

:salute: Thanks for the input guys

Veex
Sergeant Pilot
Sergeant Pilot

Post by Veex » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:32 pm

I run a US made Badger 200. Its single action and has served me wonderfully. You can still get very fine detail with single action and can be better for consistent coats as the nozzle size stays at how you have it set rather than putting varying amounts of pressure on it like in a dual action. However, I managed to get a friend of mine into the hobby recently and he has had a fantastic time with the Iwata Eclipse HP CS. Its dual action and has incredible precision. There are caveats though. The Iwata is more expensive and may be more difficult to get replacement parts for, this was the reason I got my Badger airbrush originally. But since Covid, Badger parts seem to be just as hard to find so I would probably go with an Iwata. As for compressors, i have a Badger one, not sure what model. It came cheap and with a sample size of 1 i don't actually know how good it is in comparison. But its served its purpose and I've had no problems with it. The Badger 200 and compressor all in all totalled at £100. However I may have been getting it cheap

I hope this helps, Cheers!

Reginald
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Post by Reginald » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 pm

Excellent job on the FW-190! I don't know if you already knew it that I sell Eduard kits on my website.

modelairplanedepot.com