Dragon 1/48 Ta152 H1

Our World in miniature, but it'll mostly be aeroplanes...

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Dragon 1/48 Ta152 H1

Post by ArcEye » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:46 pm

So when I went to Duxford in September with the guys from 9th, we met Dubsy and he said he had seen a nice Hawker Hunter model on one of the stalls so I went for a look. Found this kit and I've always been a bit of a TA fanboy so got this instead. It's a 1987 moulded kit but this is the 1991 Release including some photo etch and a heavily detailed engine as its the Master series.

Bottom of engine and Cradle. Believe it or not theres 48 pieces in this engine and cradle.

Top of engine and cradle.

Right side of engine and Supercharger.

Snug fit in the fuselage but no issues what so ever.

Model and box. I didn't dare to cut the fuselage apart to have the engine displayed as I knew I would mess it up so Just went with the simpler option.

The Original decals were cracked and yellowed and fell apart in water. I decided to paint on all the crosses, Numbers and fuselage bands.

All the decals are spares from my Eduard 190 kit and just matched the originals as best I could.

Had to get StoryTeller to translate some writing on a picture to Double check were the MW50 tank was fitted on these.

The Paint scheme is a mix match of several different ideas I saw for this kit online and there wasn't a green 7 as far as I could see so a bit of creative license used there.

Painted using mostly Vallejo model air paints, tbh I don't really like their late war RLM colours as they seem a bit off compared to most other brands but was all I had left so went with that. Used some ammo washes and Engine grime as well as same Tamiya smoke for the weathering.

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Re: Dragon 1/48 Ta152 H1

Post by Secu » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:45 pm

Beautifull, the original and the model. Those german late war colours are really challenging to capture.
You got them well.
Awesome result.

Secu :B: