Staff
contributor

Re: Flying Circus sale

Post by Orb » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:32 pm

First rule of flying circus is....

HardeKoning

Post by HardeKoning » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 pm

Let's plan something on the first Sunday of campaign break. Either on the Flugpark FC server or hosting something on the ACG server, if numbers allow it?

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:07 pm

Rex wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:24 am
Bought it Kit, we need to open up a little fight club ;D
Alright Rex! I know you'll have fun with it. Looking forward to some duels and knife fights. I'm hoping it will morph into a regular thing, club, campaign or something. The more the better!

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Orb wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:32 pm
First rule of flying circus is....
Hmmmm. not sure what rule, but for anyone who hasn't flown the FC AC, my first impressions were...
These things really ARE kites. The engines won't help climb much at all. I can't just nose up, I have to fly straight and gain speed and let the wind lift the kite higher.
And it takes a long time to close on anything. Sometimes you feel like an old man with a walker and everything is in slow motion. Then...
it gets fast and furious in close dogfights. It can be a real knife fight. While turning, I've never blacked out. I think the wings would rip off before I got enough blackout G's.
Gunnery takes more precision, since the bullets just go through the wings. I have to hit the engine or pilot. Hard without trim, to keep steady. And, no cannons.

But as far as what rule, I think all the basic rules still apply, same as any fighter. Altitude, speed, surprise, works best for me.

J5_Baeumer

Post by J5_Baeumer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:43 pm

Good seeing so many ACG pilots flying on the FC Flugpark server!

Hoping we will see ACG add itself to the Flugpark parser soon! See http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/info/ for details.