Recruitment: Escadrille N.57 (SPA.57) - EST

The original knights of the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spectre

Recruitment: Escadrille N.57 (SPA.57) - EST

Post by Spectre » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Bonjour mes amis!

Welcome to L'escadrille 57, this will be ACG's EST and FREE Rise of Flight Coop squadron. The aim is to allow anyone who does not own any DLC to pick up Rise of Flight United and have a group to play with. The aircraft of this Squadron will be the Nieuport 17.C1, and the SPAD XIII. If you are interested in an EST squadron, or do not have any of the DLC and want to get in on some of this World War 1 flight action just post when you're most available and we will proceed from there. If you are not able to show up when the majority is available, I will look at having two dates since I am quite able to do so.

Right now I am looking at Friday @8:00pm EST, and possibly a midweek date on Wednesday @8:00pm EST. If this doesn't work for you but you really want to serve the French Republic and fly with the greatest - please make it known and we can look at altering these dates.

EDIT; As of right now, the Squadrons "Rules" and playstyle will be decided by those who wish to join. I am currently still looking for interest so until then I don't want to decide on how realistic we will be playing, especially regarding comms. This is a group, and I hope it to be a fun group - so I believe dictating how we play before there is a defined group of wonderful french aerial knights would be premature and silly. Once we get a group of five or six we can begin to look at how we wish to play. Mods are currently being tested by Pariah regarding AI, hopefully making the tail gunners less accurate and fighters a bit more difficult - these will only need to be installed by myself however I do not wish to add any that we all cannot agree on.

EDIT 2; I have decided after numerous inquiries that we will not use 8:00pm EST as our start time. I will send an email blast out to those who have expressed interest to make sure this will still work with your schedule.

Current Roster; Spectre, Miek,

Vive La France! :salute:
Last edited by Spectre on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Miek

Re: L'escadrille 57 - EST - FREE aircrafts only

Post by Miek » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:36 pm

I'll join you Spectre, though 7pm is a bit rough for me. My wife and I generally have a night out after work on Fridays. Any chance we can move it to 8 or so? Obviously if more chaps join, you should take their wishes into account as well.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Friday sucks for me, I was hoping to join a Wednesday bunch of tossers

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Just realised this is EST anyway.

Once I have the details of all events then I shall spam ACG

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Dickie wrote:Friday sucks for me, I was hoping to join a Wednesday bunch of tossers
No.32 will be the one for you.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Miek wrote:I'll join you Spectre, though 7pm is a bit rough for me. My wife and I generally have a night out after work on Fridays. Any chance we can move it to 8 or so? Obviously if more chaps join, you should take their wishes into account as well.
Shouldn't be an issue, I picked 7pm more as a "No earlier than" time and if we need to bump it to 8pm or 9pm I do not mind.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Miek

Post by Miek » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:44 am

Works for me. I'll have to brush up on the Nieuport and SPAD. I've been flying a lot of German mostly and the Pup. Those DLC are hard to ignore.

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 am

This time might suit me better then Jasta 7 but I'll let you know
Catch me if you can...

Stu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff
contributor

Re: Recruitment: Escadrille N.57 (SPA.57) - EST

Post by Stu » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:20 am

S
Good to see some enterprise here, and I'm interested, but...
What a/c are needed? I have not purchased any, just flying happily at the mo with the free offerings
In NZ so time seems OK
Cheers
Stu 32 Squadron

Miek

Re: Recruitment: Escadrille N.57 (SPA.57) - EST

Post by Miek » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:02 pm

57 is using the Nieuport 17, which should be included in the free base game. You should be set.