Re Post Scriptum release delay

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Meaker

Re Post Scriptum release delay

Post by Meaker » Sun May 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Gents sit tight......the game looks as if it could be a while before we can get cracking with it.

Here's the latest message from the devs over at Discord.that I grabbed from the discussions today,re it's release.

Talk about Deja Vu.....We've been here before,havent we :roll: anyway,sit tight,we'll get there in good time.

Keep The Faith
Meaks :salute:

(MESSAGE FROM THE DEVS)

Road to the weekend playtest - Status update #2 (From Discord)

Hello dear followers,

The first half of May is almost complete as we are getting dangerously close to the time you will be able to playtest Post Scriptum.
The team is still working very hard on our "Offworld Core A11" upgrade and things are a bit more complicated than we originally anticipated and new issues have arisen in some unexpected ways.
The old build we used during the playtest in April with content creators remains to this day the most stable build that we have.

Here is a little overview of the issues we are currently experiencing and that we want solved before you can enjoy Post Scriptum in the best conditions possible.

From Offworld Core A10 to A11:

Current Pros:
-Players experienced better frames per second
-Penetration system on tanks with ricochet and damage on internal components (aka: "VDM1" Vehicle Damage Model part 1)
-Reworked UI, very close to final, still a few things to complete
-Reworked lighting which make the maps look much better
Current Cons:
-Vehicle behaviour is heavily unpredictable (This is the unexpected part of the upgrade)
- Paradoxically, some players also experienced worse frames than before, we need to spend more time to figure this one out to make sure all PCs have the same experience.

As you already know, we are planning Post Scriptum weekend playtest to be going live possibly during the third and fourth weekend of May.
The third weekend of May on A11 build is most likely to be compromised by those cons we listed above as they are very close to game breaking and we do not wish the public to have their first experience with PS under those conditions.

Stay tuned, as soon as those two majors issues are fixed PS will become available to you!!
Thanks for your support, we'll see you on the battlefield soon!

Lexius

Re: Re Post Scriptum release delay

Post by Lexius » Mon May 14, 2018 12:15 pm

hmm maybe it's just because i'm not wearing my glasses atm (long,mostly unrelated story) but sounds to me that thus far there is no delay. just some unexpected setbacks which is normal for game development i think.

what i've got from that post is that the weekend test is probably going to be on the older version that the streamers played instead of the version they are working on now. as for an actual releasedate, afaik that has never really been hard confirmed to be the end of may.

so at the moment i'm not worried yet

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeah.no worries here either.....frustration I guess,that the weekend testing is going to be non existent,but no worries,and re the release date,as you rightly point out,this is the norm..........we are used to this,are'nt we ?......so,happy days :D

Berethor

Post by Berethor » Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 am

Operation market garden will commence today!
They have just announced on steam that we get the test going tonight. The devstream starts 7 pm gmt

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Fri May 25, 2018 9:46 am

Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Fri May 25, 2018 10:21 am

Ace! :lux:
PS wrote: Periscope Games entire development team would like to invite you to a **Live Tea Time With The Devs stream on Friday night at 7.00pm GMT**,
Know what I'll be doing tonight. See you chaps on the stream.

Grom
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Berethor

Post by Berethor » Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 am

I reread the article. It's the preload that starts today after the stream and servers will go up saturda morning (8 am gmt)

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Fri May 25, 2018 10:43 am

Finally !!!!

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Fri May 25, 2018 12:06 pm

So we jump in the morning, let's hope the weather holds up :D

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Fri May 25, 2018 12:22 pm