Easy Co. New 4.21 Engine Test Opportunity 11/16

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Easy Co. New 4.21 Engine Test Opportunity 11/16

Post by Lachs » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: Easy Co. New 4.21 Engine Test Opportunity 11/16

Post by Lachs » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:05 pm

I believe Rex made it to this, I hope more members did also. If so, how did it go?

I, unfortunately, followed Easy Comapany's directions to clear my cashe file before joining and lost all my key bindings. I spent most of the event resetting them. :cry:

Saintt
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Saintt » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:50 pm

I was on and thought the event itself was well done. I hope it was of benefit to the devs. I enjoyed the game play and the graphics were improved although I don't have a lot of time in game to make a fair comparison. All in all it would be a good experience with a group of folks that coordinated well and stuck to the plan. As with any FPS like Post Scriptum it detracts from the realism when you have people in the squad just goofing around.
One thing I wanted to volunteer is that Hell Let Loose is a better bet in my opinion. It lends itself to more strategy and tactics and the squad is only 6 people so you can more easily ensure you have mature players in your squad contributing to a fun time. As an added benefit, HLL has many more populated servers at any given time.

Lachs
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Lachs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:37 pm

I'm glad it was worthwhile... I hated to miss the preview of 4.21. Easy's events are usually a lot of fun, if a little overboard on the administration side. They usually spend as much time doing the briefing as in actual game play.

I'll take your word for it about HLL... but I'm happy with PS for now. My only real issue is the"Whack-A-Mole" Squad Lead role. Players should be notified and have to accept before being "promoted". Just randomly selecting someone every time an SL leaves causes a lot of problems.