Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose?

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Fiestosaurus

Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose?

Post by Fiestosaurus » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:27 pm

Hello!

I am looking for something cool to play in multiplayer.

As Battlefield isn't enticing any interesting new content and I'm over it, I'm looking for an interesting new multiplayer game set in the realities of WWII. However, shooting and hitting HPs, jumping, throwing myself on the ground and other arcade-like simplifications got boring for me, I was looking for something more focused on realism, where you think twice about your movement. I used to play America's Army (II and III) and I really liked that game model, even sometimes I managed to shoot something.

I browsed the net, read the reviews and I have two types: Hell Let Loose and Post Scriptum.

The realities of WWII: yup. Realism oriented gameplay: yup. Question for players of one or the other title (or maybe there are some who play both): Will I be satisfied with buying either of these games? Which game suits you better? What are your feelings? Pros and cons of each game?

Thanks in advance :)

RM1956

Re: Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose?

Post by RM1956 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:08 am

PS - A slower WW2 experience with a greater emphasis on collaboration and communication, as well as slower gameplay overall and more time between combat engagements. It also has a steeper learning curve and larger maps where action is rarely funneled along a single lane and more often than not finishes in a complete 360 encounter due to the size of the maps. PS is a simplified version of ARMA.

HLL - Faster gameplay, less tactical and more arcady with less collaboration, everything takes place on much smaller areas than PS, which funnels you into a specific way towards the adversary from the start with no real free thinking of maneuvers. Its purpose is to bring you into fight as quickly as possible. HLL is a game in the manner of Red Orchestra / Battlefield on Hardcore mode, but with a more arcady feel.

Storyteller

Re: Post Scriptum or Hell Let Loose?

Post by Storyteller » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:35 pm

I own both games and I'd like to add some things:

PS: Sometimes too large maps with unrealistic spoint points behind enemy lines. This way it feels much more like Battlefeld than halfway realistic WW2 tactical combat game. The tank combat is kinda good, but the damage model was kinda bad when I played it last year. Maybe this has changed meanwhile. Rifles like the regular K98 are all sniper guns. Due to the minimum graphics details many maps become sniper ranges on extreme distances.

HLL: Most maps are large enough to introduce tactical variety, especially for the player numbers. Teamplay is key, especially with a capable commander in your team and squadleaders who follow his orders. Tank battles are a bit less realistic than in PS, but still very challenging.

For me HLL provides the much better overall experience. It's the Battlefield we should have now instead of this bullshit EA has published in recent years.

If anyone is up for a match of HLL, I would love to join the fight with you.
"The engine's overheating and so am I. Either we stand down or blow up. Now which do you want?"
Squadron Leader Canfield