Post Scriptum - The Bloody Seventh

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spectre

Post Scriptum - The Bloody Seventh

Post by Spectre » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:57 am

Hey guys, I have talked about this game before but some new gameplay/information has come out and I think its time to roll up the HYPE TRAIN (Choo Choo!) The game is being developed off of SQUAD so its going to be coming out sooner than a few games like Hell Let Loose as this comes out on steam in Spring of this year and features none other than the might of the British Empire! Below will be a few videos and the link on Steam so you guys can follow it officially.

Gameplay Teaser;

Showcase/Developer Walkthrough;

Steam Link;
http://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/

Official Website;
http://postscriptumgame.com/
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Digby

Re: Post Scriptum - The Bloody Seventh

Post by Digby » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Oooooh, this looks very promising! :salute:

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Holy hell that alpha footage is unbelievable!

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:16 am

I am a bit torn. Hell Let Loose also looks very good. It seems these two will be in direct competition which is unfortunate in a way. Would rather have one big game I only need to pay for once. Any thoughts on PS vs HLL?

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:30 am

Post Scriptum to me is going to at the very least be a good game to carry us over until Hell Let Loose comes out, or in a worst case scenario carry us until the game is in a state where its very playable. All the footage HLL advertised was what made me decide not to back it since the footage was... well really bad, which is unfair of me to say since its all clearly alpha footage but it didn't immediately make me want to back the project after it broke its initial backing goal. The same can be said for PS but I hate SQUAD due to the very "clunky" feel the game has by default in comparison to its predecessor Project Reality, to me it always felt that the SQUAD engine was more suited to a WW2 game and thats what is essentially happening with PS. HLL has great potential and they had stretch goals all the way into the Pacific theater, and I am hopeful they go that far with their game but it still seems like a long ways out and having this will be a nice and more guaranteed experience whilst we watch HLL develop.

Plus having a World War 2 FPS game not feature the US as the main/only allied faction is a huge plus for me.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:56 am

I am still unsure what's going on in the scene for these games right now. Post Scriptum looks better than HLL to me at the moment. Is one of these games actually based on the same engine that squad is?

Who is developing HLL?

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 pm

That looks amazing! I'm really enjoying Tannenburg at the moment, and this looks like a great step for me into WW2. Excited!

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Shadepiece wrote:I am still unsure what's going on in the scene for these games right now. Post Scriptum looks better than HLL to me at the moment. Is one of these games actually based on the same engine that squad is?

Who is developing HLL?
Post Scriptum is using the exact same engine SQUAD uses, it is being made by the guys behind Project Reality World War 2 and the mod team behind "Liberty Highway", a mod which was intended to be an overhaul for SQUAD. They combined their teams to make one game based off of SQUAD (Which is why if you're a fan of PR and liked their WW2 stuff it kinda sucks since 90% of the team now works on PS), if you watch some Alpha footage you'll notice they use a lot of the existing systems/animations which is why this game is being put out sooner than HLL.

HLL is being made by Black Matter studios, an Australian based game studio that is making HLL from the ground up. The reason HLL looks much less developed is simply because they have a lot more work cut out for them as they have to make everything from scratch, and why it required a kickstarter. Since it will be their first title and a completely new experience we can probably expect a fairly large wait time for a stable playing platform, but also a hugely unique experience whereas PS is going to be extremely similar to SQUAD but with gameplay elements changed to fit a WW2 setting.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:01 pm

So based off of the videos I've seen recently, I am actually really liking the way HLL is looking. It looks a little more unique that just a squad overhual, but at the end of the day it's pretty undeniable that they both look incredibly similar. Even to the point that'd it'd be difficult to tell the two apart at first and maybe even second glance.

Seems like a bit of a waste considering how similar the games will end up being all said and done. I think both look pretty great though, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what they have to offer upon a public release. I enjoy squad quite a bit, but it's been a very long time since I played it, so I have not even experienced the vehicles.

I have heard quite a bit of criticism aimed at squad, but to me it feels very similar to Arma minus all the incredibly obvious bugs and desynch. I think PS looks like it'll be fun, but I also see why it'll be a hold over until HLL.

Edit: I also did not feel like running over, and immediately backing HLL. The footage just looks like a PS rip off, but with US forces and minus the whole FOB system. Although, the FOB system isn't exactly something that makes me overly excited for squad or PS personally.

Steph

Post by Steph » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Well, another one on the wishlist... :D
Spectre, my bank account won't like you!! You devil, you!! ;)