ACG - 1st Airborne Division ORBAT

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spectre

ACG - 1st Airborne Division ORBAT

Post by Spectre » Sat May 05, 2018 3:09 am

Alrighty lads, we're looking for some able bodied men who are ready to get tough and jump out of perfectly good airplanes to kick some SS ass :nice:

Post Scriptum operates on an odd 9 person squad function, divided into the following; 1 Sgt (Squad Leader), 2 Cpl's (Fire Team Leaders's), and 3 Ptes (Squad Members). Below is what I believe will be a balanced yet all-round effective squad that we can use as a basic template for now to organize ourselves into. This is based on the belief that only one "Special Class" is available per squad, if this is not the case I am gonna change it so that we have two Bren's per section as this was standard for a real British infantry section. Overall "Platoon Commander" will not be added unless we muster enough numbers to secure majority on the server we play on, and any official armoured detachment will be withheld as we cannot assume we will secure these assets in a server. This can change if this becomes more official.

If anyone has any suggestions or concerns feel free to let me know what you would like to see changed, this is all rough work and since none of us actually have access to the game as of yet I am only basing this off the most recent livestreams and the info I gathered from them.

**UPDATE** PLEASE READ

Going forward, we will be aiming for a late Saturday play session lasting for two hours, please sign up and post what time between 21:00 and 2300BST would be preferable for our start time. The plan is to join low population servers and clash against the dastardly 9th SS Panzer division in a "house rules" match aimed to direct the flow of battle into a much more intense match whilst utilizing the most out of our small numbers. The play test weekend will be informal and no event is scheduled to take place during its timeframe, we encourage everyone to play as much as they can and we will have a pre-event meeting going over what we learned/experienced in the play test and what the "house rules" will be moving forward. We will also do a final shuffle/ORBAT at this meeting, so do not worry about being locked into a position/section/division just yet. Please check back later for more updates, and check your inboxes as we will be communicating via PM's once you register.

**UPDATE TWO - 5/11/2018**

After careful consideration, we have decided to lock the enlistment of the 1Para unit until we are able to balance the numbers alongside our 9thSS counterpart. Currently a new "Plus 3" rule will be implemented meaning that at no time can one unit have more than three members than the other. Obviously, as events go on and people get busy they'll be unavailable for some Saturdays and we will need to balance the teams out by temporarily swapping members however we want to try our best to avoid this since you all signed up to be a part of this unit. Moving forward I know this puts Charlie Section at a disadvantage right now however if numbers stay as they are we may be able to work out something for charlie section to do as a "Special Squad". If any of you wish to switch sides, simply PM me and let Berethor know and he will be able to add you once he comes back from his trip. Further details will be coming down soon regarding some other changes to the roster and the plan for the events, so please check back soon. Also, if you see Thaine please thank him for giving us our own subsection of the forum! :nice:

**UPDATE THREE - 5/30/2018**
Due to personal reasons, Meakers has stepped down temporarily from the Platoon Commander role and Jonesy has offered to step up. The next section to fill is logistics, so he next intake of members will be to fulfill this role. Any questions can be directed to myself or Jonesy.

Total - 26 Troopers, Updated 08/06/2018 @ 14:14 BST

PLATOON COMMANDER (Staff Sergeant: Jonesy)

ABLE SECTION (Sergeant: Sharpe: Sten Gun)

Corporal: ____ - Fireteam One (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Welshy - Fireteam One (Bren Gunner)
Private: Digby - Fireteam One (Medic, Lee Enfield)
Private: Django - Fireteam One (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)

Corporal: Spectre - Fireteam Two (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Toast - Fireteam Two (Grenadier, Lee Enfield + GL Attachment)
Private: Biggs - Fireteam Two (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Spigot - Fireteam Two (Light AT, Lee Enfield + PIAT)

BAKER SECTION (Sergeant: Grunt: Sten Gun)

Corporal: Bully - Fireteam One (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Pariah - Fireteam One (Bren Gunner)
Private: Nev - Fireteam One (Medic, Lee Enfield)
Private: Broadsword - Fireteam One (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)

Corporal: Ratty - Fireteam Two (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Leadman - Fireteam Two (Grenadier, Lee Enfield + GL Attachment)
Private: Mauf - Fireteam Two (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Paddy - Fireteam Two (Light AT, Lee Enfield + PIAT)

CHARLIE SECTION (Sergeant: Blackdog: Sten Gun)

Corporal: ____ - Fireteam One (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Matofact - Fireteam One (Bren Gunner)
Private: ____ - Fireteam One (Medic, Lee Enfield)
Private: ____ - Fireteam One (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)

Corporal: ____ - Fireteam Two (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: ____ - Fireteam Two (Grenadier, Lee Enfield + GL Attachment)
Private: Passion - Fireteam Two (Rifleman, Lee Enfield)
Private: Benny - Fireteam Two (Light AT, Lee Enfield + PIAT)

DELTA SECTION - LOGISTICS (Sergeant: Alpha - Sten Gun)

Private: Woza - (Rifleman)
Private: Luke - (Rifleman)
Private: ____ - (Rifleman)

ECHO SECTION - ARMOUR (Sergeant: Coopes)

Trooper: Matt
Trooper: Brigg
Trooper: (Available)
Last edited by Spectre on Fri May 11, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 29 times in total.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Biggs

Re: ACG - 1st Parachute Regiment ORBAT

Post by Biggs » Sat May 05, 2018 4:32 am

What if people want to be able to try different roles?

Maybe just assign people to squads to start off?

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sat May 05, 2018 5:02 am

Il carry a at launcher or mg

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sat May 05, 2018 5:06 am

MG or riflemen if possible.

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Sat May 05, 2018 8:40 am

Put me down for a Bren if possible, but I'm also more than happy with an Enfield.

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Sat May 05, 2018 8:50 am

Bren or enfield for me

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 am

Rifleman for me thanks.
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

captainxela

Post by captainxela » Sat May 05, 2018 12:01 pm

You wont mind role swapping if people dont get along with what they pick will you? Not played the game yet to know. Light AT or medic for me please!

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sat May 05, 2018 2:06 pm

captainxela wrote:You wont mind role swapping if people dont get along with what they pick will you? Not played the game yet to know. Light AT or medic for me please!
No,no,of course not.....nothing's being set in stone here old boy,but we do want to get an overall picture of what the chaps will be taking into battle etc.I am expecting we'll have to change a few of our ideas once the game releases anyway,when we can see what we've got to play with.

One thing I can tell you,Holland (The battle Theatre)is flat,very flat,so from the drop zones to the built up areas,machine guns like the Sten Mk V will be difficult to utilize properly,in this scenario,your Lee Enfield rifle and Bren will be king,once we've got into the towns and we're fighting/moving house to house,then the Sten will be king.

That's how I see it anyway,for what it's worth,so horses for courses,this is why you just need to give your choice a little thought,but again we'll all be able to change,so no worries.

captainxela

Post by captainxela » Sat May 05, 2018 2:26 pm

I would have gone for the Sten, apart from that exact reason...and no one wants me leading them into battle, i'm a plonker. MG is actually my favourite role in red orchestra/rising storm, so the bren might be my thing in the long run, I just really want to use the PIAT...cant think of a game thats ever had one before.
I just like to have a role, and generally in things like this I play something more supportive (medic/at) as well normally on public servers its not worth trusting other people to play those roles.