Test Mission

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Berethor

Re: Test Mission

Post by Berethor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Welshy wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 pm
Have then introduced angling have they? I thought it was coming later and they were on a health bar system.
I meant infantry vs tank really i was using a Panzerschreck and 2 hits took the cromwell out.
The piat seems to take more hits to take out a tank but u do get more ammo so... seems fair as the piat wasnt great and was disliked by the Brits but i thought the piat was equivalent to the pazerfaust gamewise?
So the axis have panzershreck and pazerfaust. The allies have a piat....is there a second allied AT weapon that i missed?

I take your points on the infantry balance as i had limited game time and probably just got lucky and unlucky respectively with team numbers etc..
In one of their dev interviews they mentioned that they have the first improved damage model in which means, you need to penetrate the armour to do damage. Also, the only internal component that can be damaged at the moment is the engine which will still produce sound but is broken.

Regarding the handheld AT weapons:
Did the brits actually use anything besides the PIAT for that role?
If not it would be dumb to add something they didn't use in a game that tries to be somewhat close to history. I mean you will most likely end up with an asymmetric assortment of weapons, vehicles etc anyway.
And I think the Bazooka will be coming for the US airborne once they are properly implemented.

Edit:

here they show a preview of the US airborne including the Bazooka (starts around 15:35)
I couldn't find the video again where they talk about the armour stuff, but it was some kind of dev interview where they all stood in front of a Cromwell.

Biggs

Re: Test Mission

Post by Biggs » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 pm

echoing what Vanny and Onebad said... great fun playing with digby, welshy, BlackDog, Spectre etc. We were clearly doing a much better job of working together and communicating than the enemy squads. Being able to out maneuver the enemy is by far the most important aspect of the game.

I want to comment on the AT role for the brits... I used it for a few matches and found the combination of the piat and the Hawkins mines to be extremely effective. Epecially in the towns where hiding behind a wall or a hedge can allow you to get behind the tanks very easily. the Stug is practically blind to all but frontal attacks.

this game is ridiculously fun! :nice: