Test Mission

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

BlackDog

Test Mission

Post by BlackDog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:58 am

Apologies for the rust fellas, but I enjoyed that tonight!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Pariah

Re: Test Mission

Post by Pariah » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:14 am

How did it go on Saturday? Has it improved since the last test weekend?

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Fewer issues with vehicles, some balance changes, I also had better frames don't know about the others. Definitely an improvement since last weekend. Had great fun on Saturday, somebody needs to teach 1st Airbourne how to shoot back :D

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:37 pm

There's a new bug with medics when trying to heal (not revive) other players. Sometimes you have to do this numerous times before it "sticks". On top of that, I got shot more often than in previous bulds so definately not better :D

Grom
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Welshy
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Welshy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Seemed the first weekend the allies had the advantage however this weekend just gone it seemed the axis had the advantage. Was there any changes in the balancing? I two shot killed a cromwell :blah: but heard someone else hit a panzer3 4 times and didnt kill it.
This wknd i dont recall a game where the Brits won. I played alot more axis this wknd and it seemed easier. Any reason for this and did anyone else have a similar experience?
That aside without doubt playing with the ACG lot is much more fun, doing what we do best shooting at each other :D even if we dont get an ACG server (Heard the PS servers are expensive) i hope we can make it weekly event.

Welshy
Mae'n hawdd bod yn ddewr y tu ôl i wal castell

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm not too sure about the armour, but it seemed the infantry was still well matched. A dozen of us were playing 1st Paras after campaign and we won three or four maps in a row, both on defence and offence.

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Yup. later that evening we had 4 straight wins as Brits. The only balance change in the favour of Axis was a that running the action on the Kar98 is now 15% faster.

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Enjoyed this weekend, first time in the firefly with coopes and Briggs

Our first outing wasn't that successful with us getting stuck in a ditch :) :) :) we should of been able to drive it straight out at the angle it was stuck at , but wasn't having any of it.

2nd outing , we took out a building full of jerry and then a panzer tank .... did take two shots to take it down

We then decided to drive to the next target picking up coopes along the way to realise we had a jerry bagging a lift on top of the tank.... well done to coopes for taking him out....

Berethor

Post by Berethor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 pm
Enjoyed this weekend, first time in the firefly with coopes and Briggs

Our first outing wasn't that successful with us getting stuck in a ditch :) :) :) we should of been able to drive it straight out at the angle it was stuck at , but wasn't having any of it.

2nd outing , we took out a building full of jerry and then a panzer tank .... did take two shots to take it down

We then decided to drive to the next target picking up coopes along the way to realise we had a jerry bagging a lift on top of the tank.... well done to coopes for taking him out....
Surfing a Sherman was a nice experience though :D I wish I had my recording software set up at that point. (I also forgot to make screenshots in the spur of the moment)

Regarding the balancing of the tanks: Hitting the tanks alone won't be enough since the integration of the squad v11 core. Now you also need to penetrate. So not sure how well they managed to model that with armour values, angling and shell penetration etc. Though i highly doubt a cromwell not being able to go through a Pz III (maybe through some weird angles while hitting the tracks). Well that something we could test on a server at some point.

Welshy
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Welshy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Have then introduced angling have they? I thought it was coming later and they were on a health bar system.
I meant infantry vs tank really i was using a Panzerschreck and 2 hits took the cromwell out.
The piat seems to take more hits to take out a tank but u do get more ammo so... seems fair as the piat wasnt great and was disliked by the Brits but i thought the piat was equivalent to the pazerfaust gamewise?
So the axis have panzershreck and pazerfaust. The allies have a piat....is there a second allied AT weapon that i missed?

I take your points on the infantry balance as i had limited game time and probably just got lucky and unlucky respectively with team numbers etc..
Mae'n hawdd bod yn ddewr y tu ôl i wal castell