ACG Post Scriptum Server

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Re: Strange. I never knew that ACG...

Post by Gromic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 pm

:lecture:

Server Update has been completed and is running!
dev.124.5945 -> dev.126.5966

#Changelog

-Gameplay: Rebalanced tank gameplay on some Oosterbeek layer (Firefly vs PZ.3 was an error)
-Gameplay: Players will be slowed down when jumping in bushes
-Gameplay: No freelook when binos are ADS
-Gameplay: More stamina added. Water bonus regen faster
-Gameplay: Crewmen can now heal/stop bleeding while in vehicles ("X" is default)
-Gameplay: Tweaked damage value to tank from magnetic mines and TNT satchels
-Gameplay: Bushes slows you down and also play sounds
-Gameplay: G41 and G43 zoom a bit more
-Add: Randomized spawn points location on defender's flag
-Add: 500lb bomb sound
-Fix: German smoke grenade weird collision behavior
-Fix: Tweaked engine failure volume for more awereness on its status
-Fix: Missing.50 cal texture on M3 Halftrack
-Fix: Sight on .50 cal
-Fix: Repair Station not repairing on Driel
-Fix: Random music playing on startup
-Fix: FOB emplacement limit (hedgehogs, barricades etc..)
-Fix: Cromwell 3D track
-Fix: Empty mortar rearming
-Fix: Heelsum night lighting (S08)
-Fix: Heelsum S03 wrong spawn removed
-Fix: Panzer 3 missing wheel making it steer right
-Fix: Suspension values tweaked on Stuart
-Fix: Oosterbeek S03 misused flag
-Fix: Removed Driel and Oosterbeek low quality minimap, can only be HD now
-Fix: Changed Heelsum landscape material to be non tesselated to improve perf on AMD and mid end rig
-Fix: British and German shovel are equal
-Fix: British FOB model is now correct on unconstructed state

-Dedicated Server:
Updated MapConfig.cfg
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:46 pm

But Gromic, everyone knows the British shovel is superior :D
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Anyone from the armoured section fancy jumping on tonight

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:24 pm

I’ll be on Matt
Professional manchild

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm

When you have a moment could you turn off the Tournament mode and possibly remove the password and add reservered slots instead?

Shadepiece

Post by Shadepiece » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Why turn off tournament mode? I really like that as a concept.

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Onebad wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm
When you have a moment could you turn off the Tournament mode and possibly remove the password and add reservered slots instead?
Tournament mode stays on because I want to host a level playing field. Post scriptum is about enjoying tactics, working as a team, surprising your enemy and not only about popping a cap into his arse. Minimum graphics ruin that experience. There are ppl. with 1080Tis dropping graphics down to a minimum to be able to exploit the effect of being able to see you even if you're hiding behind bushes at 500m.

https://www.reddit.com/r/postscriptum/c ... _coverage/

Password off and go public? Meh, not happy at the thought if you ask me but not altogether impossible. My resources are limited compared to a pro hoster's offering and there are plenty of public servers out there where the general public can meet. Yes, I can reserve slots for members but that means that people have to join the server so I can gather their steam ID64s. So far only Kildren, Vanguard and Onebad have done so AFAIK.

I understand that you want more to shoot at Onebad but this server is supposed to be a training / competetive platform for ACG members and thereby a haven where we can meet without having to run a search gauntlet ie. "where is everybody OR fuck, the server's full - I can't join, etc. when you want to play with your squad mates. If you want the server populated then help by giving ACG members a shoutout and get people joining. Fill the server consistently and you won't have to chase your ACG friends around, on different servers, as you'll always know where to find them.

If I'm overrun with requests to go public, or turn off tournament mode, then I'll surely do so but atm. I'll happily decline. Let's see where this goes (can my machine / connection even handle the numbers, etc.) before we decide on open public flag waving.

Respectfully

Gromic

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Gromic wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Onebad wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:33 pm
Tournament mode stays on because I want to host a level playing field. Post scriptum is about enjoying tactics, working as a team, surprising your enemy and not only about popping a cap into his arse. Minimum graphics ruin that experience. There are ppl. with 1080Tis dropping graphics down to a minimum to be able to exploit the effect of being able to see you even if you're hiding behind bushes at 500m.

https://www.reddit.com/r/postscriptum/c ... _coverage/

Password off and go public? Meh, not happy at the thought if you ask me but not altogether impossible. My resources are limited compared to a pro hoster's offering and there are plenty of public servers out there where the general public can meet. Yes, I can reserve slots for members but that means that people have to join the server so I can gather their steam ID64s. So far only Kildren, Vanguard and Onebad have done so AFAIK.

I understand that you want more to shoot at Onebad but this server is supposed to be a training / competetive platform for ACG members and thereby a haven where we can meet without having to run a search gauntlet ie. "where is everybody OR fuck, the server's full - I can't join, etc. when you want to play with your squad mates. If you want the server populated then help by giving ACG members a shoutout and get people joining. Fill the server consistently and you won't have to chase your ACG friends around, on different servers, as you'll always know where to find them.

If I'm overrun with requests to go public, or turn off tournament mode, then I'll surely do so but atm. I'll happily decline. Let's see where this goes (can my machine / connection even handle the numbers, etc.) before we decide on open public flag waving.

Respectfully

Gromic
Understood mate. Let's organize something then so that we can test the servers capabilities.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:10 pm

So I’d encourage everyone get on tonight from 9. Possibly arrange something more structured for Sunday after CloD mission?
Professional manchild

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:21 am

:lecture:

Server temporarily down for update.

Sunday morning hotfix released.

-Gameplay: Magnetic Mines only damage vehicle engine
-Add: Bandage in Vehicle keybind can now be changed
-Fix: Stamina regen even on jog/walk
-Fix: Glasshouse_B is no longer bulletproof from the outside
-Fix: Radial icons now show the correct max emplacements available (logi)