ACG Post Scriptum Server

WW2 tactical shooter reliving Operation Market Garden.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jonesy

Re: Strange. I never knew that ACG...

Post by Jonesy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am

Hi Gromic,

We are looking at organising an event on our server after tonight's campaign mission. Nothing confirmed yet. Will keep you posted.
Professional manchild

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:54 am

Jonesy wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am
Hi Gromic,

We are looking at organising an event on our server after tonight's campaign mission. Nothing confirmed yet. Will keep you posted.
Please do Jonesy. Shame it's running so long and only 8 ppl. have tested thier connections to it. The more the merrier.
32 Squadron / USAAF 84 Squadron

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Gromic wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:54 am
Jonesy wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am
Hi Gromic,

Please do Jonesy. Shame it's running so long and only 8 ppl. have tested thier connections to it. The more the merrier.
Yeah real life seems to have caught up with a lot of the admins but we are trying to arrange something
Professional manchild

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:21 pm

:lecture:

Tournament mode reworked.

The original tournament mode howto (https://squad.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration) has an error in it which declined client connection even if your view distance was set to "high". I cross checked the unreal scalability guidelines (https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Eng ... yReference), noticed the error and have now fixed the problem.

I've also edited all the minimum (medium) - epic (maximum) settings and now have a working, minimum graphics directive for anyone joining the server.

As of now, anyone wishing to play on the ACG server willl require a minimum setting of "medium" on the following settings:
  • Viewdistance
    Foliage
    Shadows
Minimum settings have not been defined for the following settings:
  • Textures
    Effects
Now I can already hear people say "Gromic's a server godmode dick who wants to ruin my PS fun! I can't get more than 10 fps on my C64 using medium settings. Fuck him!" Well, there's a reason: https://www.reddit.com/r/postscriptum/c ... _coverage/
Squad suffers from this fate as well, but it's especially noticeable in Post Scriptum. Many times I've been shot, just laying in the bush, behind it trying to cover myself, where I've been instantly killed. Wondering what the fuck happened, I turned my graphics to low.

The difference is horrific. If you've ever played War Thunder, it's like the Ultra Low setting for that game. You can see EVERYTHING. Foliage does not matter. Shading does not matter. Shadows do not matter. The dark textures that the Germans and British wear stand out easily in foliage, making it infinitely easy to spot people.

Especially with the bionic zoom that people get with bolt action rifles. It may as well be giving everyone a sniper scope.

The MG is practically useless. Sacriel even weighed in on this in a couple comments. Which is why a lot of people would rather just pick a STG 44, MP 40, or even just a bolt action rifle. As soon as you start firing, you've a HUGE target on your head as the german MG. With a fuckload of tracers(which, in real life, the MG42 didn't shoot many tracers, if at all). Then mixing in the aspect that you've turned off shadows, you are basically a black dot among green. Easy to kill.

It even pertains to buildings. You set your graphics to high, ambient occlusion on, eye adaption. All the fancy stuff. Try to spot someone from 50m in a building. It's nearly impossible because of the shadows, ambient occlusion masking the person inside(good thing).

When on low graphics? Oh they're right there, standing in the middle.
Grom

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Server map rotation has been changed from random to the following (copied from a discord thread; seems it follows a more historical flow of operation market garden.) I haven't confirmed this so if it's off then it's not my fault. :mrgreen:

Heelsum Single 01
Driel Single 01
Oosterbeek Single 01
Driel Single 02
Heelsum Single 02
Driel Single 03
Oosterbeek Single 02
Driel Single 06
Heelsum Single 03
Driel Single 07
Oosterbeek Single 03
Driel Double 01
Heelsum Single 06
Oosterbeek Single 06
Heelsum Single 07
Oosterbeek Single 07
Heelsum Single 08
Oosterbeek Double 01
Heelsum Double 01
Oosterbeek Double 02
Heelsum Double 02

Grom

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:35 pm

So a couple of us flung lead around on the server last night. Good fun!

Onebad requested (again) that I remove the password, make it a public server. No objections by other members.

So, since no objections were given I'll fold and accept the request. If you guys can't join because it's full then don't say you weren't warned (yes, I can reserve slots but it's a PITA and work intensive).

Grom

Berethor

Post by Berethor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Gromic wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:35 pm
So a couple of us flung lead around on the server last night. Good fun!

Onebad requested (again) that I remove the password, make it a public server. No objections by other members.

So, since no objections were given I'll fold and accept the request. If you guys can't join because it's full then don't say you weren't warned (yes, I can reserve slots but it's a PITA and work intensive).

Grom
It's fine to have the password removed, when we have events planned we can restart it before to re introduce the password if i isn't too much of a problem for you

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Password removed

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:49 pm

Server Update has been completed and is running!
dev.126.5966 ---> dev 136.6011

Changelog
-Gameplay: Logistic members, sapper and tank commander get a wrench
-Gameplay: Max 2 active FOBS for attacker. Need to unshovel one to make new one
-Gameplay: Exploding vehicles will damage nearby infantry
-Gameplay: Magnetic mines damage engine based on its distance to it (bug fixing too)
-Gameplay: Turret audio switch from hydraulic to manual based on rotation speed
-Gameplay: Delay added between vehicle reset button (to possibly avoid them to go on the moon)
-Fix: Rebalanced GER/UK vehicles for engine destruction
-Fix: Removed the Create Rally command
-Fix: Construction truck not resupplying on some layers
-Fix: Increase mortar round switch timer to avoid reload speed exploit
-Fix: Heelsum church collision revamped

Gromic
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Gromic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Moved the thread and opened the topic for public viewing.
Changed thread name.