Oculas Rift Problem

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jonesy

Re: Oculas Rift Problem

Post by Jonesy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:16 pm

Both the PC & the laptop run off the same router if that's what you mean. Sorry I'm not the most technical guy.
I downloaded the app onto the laptop and it ran. Loaded it onto a removable hard drive and dropped it onto the PC. Opened it, didn't run and got the same error screen as before.
Professional manchild

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Not surprised.

Two things

1) try wiring into the router, just in case
2) see if you can ping the oculus website (assuming that is the back-end host) from the pc
3) check https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/d ... connection
4) in your network settings on your pc (in control panel), see if your wireless adapter IP settings match those of your laptop, specifically for DNS
5) try typing ipconfig /flushdns from a CMD line window (run in admin mode)

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:17 pm

So I've tried all that still no luck! Been at it hours now trying to sort it. £350 spent on a steaming pile of dogshit! :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Professional manchild

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Want me to take over your pc with TeamViewer and have a look? I don't have an OR (I have a vive) and I can't promise to fix it - but I can have a look if you like? If yes, pm me.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:28 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

So, Donkey worked his magic whilst i stared on in amazement. (Guy really knows his stuff!) Long story short BullGuard needed to be deleted rather than disabled for the software to download.

All sorted now and i have been enjoying the world of VR!

I can't thank Donkey enough. What a guy! Couldn't of been more helpful (and patient) i owe you one mate as well as several beers next time we all meet up!

Thanks again!

Jonesy
Professional manchild

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Happy to help Jonesy - no point letting folk suffer if I have the time and the knowledge to help out.

Enjoy the VR madness!

D

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Donkey just likes to make sure that as many people as possible can be exposed to his sex-goggle perversion - he will no doubt have implanted numerous links to naked-lady-pages, now in glorious Juggs-right-in-your-face-o-vision! Enjoy :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Sexlikereal. What can I say?

Wozaworld

Post by Wozaworld » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:29 am

Further to this.. Jonesy has another problem

I’ve had a look at his rig and his card and cpu aren’t being utilised by BOX, at first he was getting 35fps on BOX in normal none VR mode - noticed he had windows Virtulization on (and hyperthreading) to which we turned off and his FPS jumped to 58 - 68fps.. his card is only running at 30% however I run the same card with a 4790k @ 4.7ghz (he’s running a 7700k @ 4.79ghz) I’m hitting 120-135fps with the same settings and my GPU is hitting 100%

Any ideas guys?!
"Always treat your kite like you treat your woman, climb inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.."

i7 8700K @ 5Ghz H100X Water cooled, Asus Maximus X Hero, 32gb DDR4 3000mhz ram, GTX1080ti 11gb , 250gb SSD, Thrustmaster warthog stick, X-55 H.O.T.A.S, Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR5, GHD Hair straightners, Quite a nice kettle. Oh! and one of those Oculus majiggy thingys