Can't get game to launch

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bunny

Re: Can't get game to launch

Post by Bunny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:41 pm

South Australia I believe Angry Budgy said - same state as Kildren, for her sins :nice:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:44 pm

Dickie wrote:Vranac, AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR mate. That ain't a big budget.
I was talking about AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS, Kildren posted a link for a proper configuration for that kind of money in AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR. And I posted a link for a PC that cost AU $749.00 ( from Sydney, postage unknown).

:wank:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:52 am

:lol: nice use of :wank:

OK cool, good support Vranac you crazy balkan mofo

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:36 am

First: Thank you for all your replies. Second: I apologize for any testiness, my OH is in hospital for a total hip replacement & I guess I was more worried than I was letting on. Third: I'll be ordering the beasty that Kildren mentioned, with windows 10 Pro tomorrow. Thank you all again.
“The weather was our biggest enemy. We didn’t have radio contact with the ground and there were a couple of times when I thought I’d lost one of my nine lives.” Joy Lofthouse, Air Transport Auxiliary.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:22 am

Angry Budgie wrote:First: Thank you for all your replies. Second: I apologize for any testiness, my OH is in hospital for a total hip replacement & I guess I was more worried than I was letting on. Third: I'll be ordering the beasty that Kildren mentioned, with windows 10 Pro tomorrow. Thank you all again.
it comes with windows 10 retail, The pro version in not needed In my Opinion unless you are into encrypting your hard drives and other small things.

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:57 am

AAARRRGGGHHH It still won't launch, even with a brand new computer. A problem with the launcher & windows closes the program.
“The weather was our biggest enemy. We didn’t have radio contact with the ground and there were a couple of times when I thought I’d lost one of my nine lives.” Joy Lofthouse, Air Transport Auxiliary.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:29 am

Angry Budgie wrote:Second: I apologize for any testiness, my OH is in hospital for a total hip replacement & I guess I was more worried than I was letting on.
Didn't pick up any testiness at all AB, but good luck with your OH's operation - they're amazing folk these days :salute:

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:49 am

:oops: :oops: OK panic over, I've realised it's CloD. Threw caution to the wind & spent another $70 & got Stalingrad. It starts up fine.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:06 am

Hi Angry Budgie - just out of curiosity, are you using the steam version of CloD? And what error message are you getting exactly - is it the same one you were reporting on page 1? On your new machine, are you on a completely clean install or did you ghost an image of your old system over?

Angry Budgie

Post by Angry Budgie » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah, steam version on a completely clean install. Thought it was best, didn't want to import any bad habits.