Saitek x52 problem

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Lobo

Saitek x52 problem

Post by Lobo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello Guys

I wonder if someone can help me out. I use my Saitek x52 on Cliffs of Dover without any problems but now I am trying to use it on Battle of Moscow and it will not recognise or accept any commands when I try to programme it for this game.

For example when I go into the key mapping section and try to input the command to open/close canopy which was my t5/t6 button it does not recognise it at all and will not imput anything but if I choose a key from the keyboard it will accept that input.

It also will not accept any of the commands or movements from the joystick or throttle.

I hope someone can help.

Cheers

Lobo. :suicide:

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Re: Saitek x52 problem

Post by Vukac » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:59 pm

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Dange

Post by Dange » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:29 pm

I use a x52 pro throttle and all I can say is that BOS only accepts some input from it . eg: water rads, oil rads , prop pitch, gear down but not up , flaps the same . More of a key board game than Clod.
note : metal fatigue of some wires , and eventually the throttle . However this is my second setup . 4 years < > is the life time imo .

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:55 am

Hello Guys

Thanks for the replies I have already downloaded the patch but it did not work so it looks like I will have to buy a new setup.

Cheers

Lobo.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 am

Are you using the Saitek software to set the keys up?

I have the X55 and just programme the keys directly in the game with no problems. I ditched the Saitek button programming software as it didn't work with CloD either.

Of course, I lose some of the switch key functions (the X55 has a three-way Mode switch on the throttle quadrant which is useless without the software).

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:59 am

Hello Bunny

It does not recognise it either way I try and I now have found out that the joystick is broken so I have just ordered a new system.Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Lobo.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:06 pm

No worries - what did you go for?

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams