TrackIR not centered.

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Louisa von Dart

TrackIR not centered.

Post by Louisa von Dart » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi folks, Recently my TRackIR 5 refuses to centre. On game start up the view is titlted off centre to the right. Using the centre command does not work and sometimes freezes the view completely. I use Pad 5 to centre the view so it's not a conflict with F12 and this is a new issue. The game worked fine before. TrackIR 5 works perfectly with 1946 so it's definately a problem with BoS. Any ideas ?
If I'm going down...it's with all guns firing !

Louisa von Dart

Re: TrackIR not centered.

Post by Louisa von Dart » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:15 pm

I'm reinstalling the game from Steam in the hope that the bug will go away. Film at 11...

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:41 pm

There's a key to save a head position, I think it's F10 but don't quote me, which if you catch it by accident can leave you with an odd view like that as your default. I also rebind my TrackIR buttons away from the F12 area as flight Sims often use it and so does Steam. Hope you sort it!

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:35 pm

I have in game : Pilot head controls/Pilot head snap centre - set to the same button on my joystick as track IR centre. works fine.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Yep.. It was that blasted F10 thing. Talk about a trap for newbies ! Half a day wasted on that. Sheesh !

Thanks for the help everyone !

Dange

Post by Dange » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:43 pm

Similar to Ginger I have the centering button on my joystick so I don't have to even think where it is .

Tex
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Tex » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 pm

My experience with TrackIR was similar. Talk about a learning curve. Don't forget to check it before you start the game to ensure that you have the right profile selected. It took me forever to learn about the fact that it would select a new profile seemingly at random unless I ticked a box that selected the right one. Been so long that I cannot recall what that box was. But, I sure hated TrackIR for a while.
Image Howdy Ya'll!

Louisa von Dart

Post by Louisa von Dart » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Tex... it's brilliant when it works well. I simply do not understand why BoS has that F10 function in the first place. I've gone through every single Keybinding and removed all the unnecessary ones as a result. As for using the right profile, there is a box " Exclusive " that you should tick and make sure that the game title is set to the same profile. Then it cant go wrong..... I'm sure that will come back to haunt me one day.

I'm just glad to have got the right advice before I either put a crick in my neck or smashed the screen with the joystick.

" life's a beetch "