SETUP: WWII Radio Plugin

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

SETUP: WWII Radio Plugin

Post by Dickie » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:03 pm

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... .php?t=791

You probably want the version "3.0.9.2 WWII Radio Plugin 64 bits.zip"

1. Unpack the dll and drop it into your install directory for TS plugins.
<install drive>:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\plugins <- 64bit path, go to Program Files (x86) for the 32bit version

2. Restart TS, go to Settings>Plug ins and it should be there.
3. Edit settings, have a play with them but I found this is good. Feedback is awful imho
Settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nails

TS3, Radio Plugin, TS Notifier

Post by Nails » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:24 pm

For anyone interested. I wanted to try Colanders Radio Plugin after hearing it being used on that great ACG movie "The Beginning of the End".

This morning, I had the latest TS version installed v3.0.14 working alongside TSNotifier v1.5.5c. If I wanted to use the Radio Plugin I had to go back a few TS3 versions to v3.0.11.1.

I installed v3.0.11.1 in to another folder on C:\Programs (I called the Folder TS3 Radio Plugin). Following Colanders installation instructions, I then copied across the Radio Plugin .dll file to the TS3 Plugins Folder (depending on your OS, you will need the 32 or 64bit version). Finally I uninstalled my (UTD) TSNotifier (v1.5.5c) and installed TSNotifier 1.5.5b.

Fired up CoD. All worked. I have the TSNotifier Overlay, and Radio Plugin all working together. I rebooted, and restarted CoD just to make sure it wasn't a flash-in-the-pan. I am happy to report no problems, it all worked as it should.

If you want to give it a go, all the files are here (lifted from the various threads):

TS3 V3.0.11.1 - http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/

ATAG Radio Plugin v3.0.11.1 (Cheers Colander) - http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...5&d=1377810615

TS Notifier v1.5.5b - http://tsnotifier.cfxxl.de/SetupTSNotifierV1.5.5b.msi

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: TS3, Radio Plugin, TS Notifier

Post by Dickie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:19 am

It has a sweet sound. I may merge this into the WW2 plugin thread later Nails, thanks for that.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Yep. But it is a tradeoff- as some chatter becomes pretty distorted and at times inaudible (depends on the sender mic, tone of voice etc), but I guess that reflects real life conditions somewhat proper:)

Nails

Post by Nails » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Osprey wrote:It has a sweet sound. I may merge this into the WW2 plugin thread later Nails, thanks for that.
Sounds good.

I need something like overlay or notifier, because I don't have a clue who is talking in channel without it. Especially when more and more people join the channel (ATAG for example where you can have a fair few talkers).

The versions given all work together (on my Win7 machine).

If people don't want to give the WW2 Plugin ago. The latest version of TS3 (3.0.14) works with the latest version of TSNotifier (1.5.5c) if they can't live without an overlay (like me).

Steve D

Post by Steve D » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:49 pm

I did the same a week or two ago, exactly as described but instead of using TS notifier, I use the CoD optimised TS overlay that came as part of the TF 4.0 patch. As to audio quality, yes, it's worse, but then..it was! It helps greatly though if you reduce the extra noise levels down to a minimum - 2 types of static and feedback interference within the plugin itself and then set the TS level high in relation to game sounds - I do this in the PC's playback mixer section. No problems understanding comms then, besides, you get used to it. Well worth it for the immersion in my opinion.
If I had all the money I spent on drink....I'd spend it on drink.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:32 pm

I think it's worth trying out the different frequencies, particularly for the RAF where IIRC there were 4 channels which were selectable, or I wonder if this would just cross into the territory of whispers too much.

Bunny

Re: SETUP: WWII Radio Plugin

Post by Bunny » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 pm

For the record Osprey, I tried your instructions on getting my voice nice and crackly as well, in TS3, but failed abysmally to get it right. If you do manage to get it into my skull, I'll make a video tutorial so it's easier for others.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Play with the settings Bunny. Those settings are mine and I think they sound good but it might not be right for you. It's just a matter of playing with the sliders when you are in TS.

Robo

Post by Robo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:04 pm

Does anyone have any up to date advice on the WWII Radio Plugin + TS Notifier, please?

I am running the latest TS version, which is 3.0.16 and I managed to get the TS Notifier working with it. Any advice of someone who went through all this testing would be appreciated. My aim is TS + TS Notifier + WWII plugin.

I used this thread to get my notifier work at least:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/f ... hp?t=15151

And I have bookmarked all previous TS versions:

http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/

Thank you.