Anyone running VR in a Quest 2

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dadnar

Anyone running VR in a Quest 2

Post by Dadnar » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:28 am

My wife got one, and I "borrowed" it to play around in IL2. It is cool, but a bit blurry for my tastes. I know it isn't the go to for flight simmers, but there are all sorts of settings to play with in SteamVR (Resolution per eye?) that make my brain hurt. I was just wondering if someone uses a Quest 2 and got it working well enough.

Dadnar

Mooch

Re: Anyone running VR in a Quest 2

Post by Mooch » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:10 pm

I just saw a video on youtube from a guy (VR Flight Sim Guy is his name), that their is a beta patch for the quest 2 that made it much better. Some comments on there that say the same. So maybe you want to check that out.

I'm interested in the quest as I can't afford a Reverb and the necessary Video card to run it. But I can get a quest 2 for half the cost of a Reverb, and apparently I can get by with my existing Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB. So, any VR types who have any insight please weigh in.

cheers

Mooch

Dadnar

Re: Anyone running VR in a Quest 2

Post by Dadnar » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:29 pm

Mooch wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:10 pm
I'm interested in the quest as I can't afford a Reverb and the necessary Video card to run it. But I can get a quest 2 for half the cost of a Reverb, and apparently I can get by with my existing Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB. So, any VR types who have any insight please weigh in.

cheers

Mooch
If you're considering VR for other gaming than flight sims, the Quest 2 is great. The ability to go wireless and play anywhere in your house is a game changer for me. With a wifi 6 router you can play games as if it is wired on steam as well using Virtual Desktop.

One thing to keep in mind that while the Quest 2 is $300, you are likely going to want a few accessories for it and that is going to up the price. We have easily spent a $100 in accessories so far. It is not the most comfortable headset out of the box.

One of these days, i'll spend some time trying to optimize it for IL2 to give a real review of it for that. Considering some people still use the original Rift in here, I would say it would suffice if you really needed that VR fix.

Dadnar