CPU Advice

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Rob
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

CPU Advice

Post by Rob » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi

I need a bit of advice on CPU's

During campaign missions I sometimes get rubberbanding and stuttering when there are other aircraft besides my squadron, I think the issue is with my CPU, I have decent internet 500mb, I get between 50-60mb through my powerline to my PC.

My current specs are 13 8100 CPU running at 3.6, 16GB DDR4 Ram, GTX 1070 and SSD. My motherboad doesnt support overclocking and I dont have the money to upgrade both the CPU and mobo at the moment, my board will take a 9th gen CPU with a bios update.

Looking at the 15 9600KF would this be powerful enough?, I can pick one of these up for about £150, the i7 would be an extra £50-£60.

Thanks

Rob

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Re: CPU Advice

Post by Donkey » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm

You're right that your CPU isn't a powerhouse, but rubberbanding is more likely to be caused by server overload - it can and does affect people with absolutely monster rigs. The stuttering could be CPU or GPU related. Personally I'd check CPU utilisation in task manager when this happens to see what kind of load your CPU is under, and use that as a basis for a decision, but granted an i5 is more akin to the kind of CPU you'd expect to see running BoX.

Rob
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:18 pm

Thanks Donkey

The last couple of times its happend when I have been in contact with the enemy, The last mission I was trying to shoot at a 190 that kept jumping back and forward, would this be the server or more likely an issue with my system.

Thanks for the advice, I will check task manager on Sunday.

Dadnar

Post by Dadnar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:05 am

In my experience, it's likely the 190 had internet issues. One of my squad mates has a mediocre connection and I notice him rubber banding from time to time.

Stutters are harder to solve. I have significant stutters on the ACG campaign server only. I haven't been able to figure them out.

I'm running an i7 8700k that I'm over clocking.

Upgrading won't hurt, but it might not cure your problem.

Dadnar

Rob
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:55 am

Thanks Dadnar, I will check my CPU useage the next time it happens, I have no issues on MP servers or other games.

Cheers

Rob

Dange

Post by Dange » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi Rob,
Your rig is a bit stronger than mine ,but I have no issues .Actually your internet is better than mine . I suggest that you find an utility that checks your registry for efficantcy. I can't remember the name of the one that I use and won't be able to tell you until I get home .
Dange