Opentrack is twitching

Problems with your PC? Is your game screwed? Need advice? Let us know in here, we may be able to help.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Avionic
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Re: Opentrack is twitching

Post by Avionic » Sat May 08, 2021 11:58 am

Do you have access to a laptop or another computer where you could try installing just the driver and opentrack to exclude the possibility of it being the camera itself that has developed a hardware fault.

ArcEye
Leutnant
Leutnant
contributor

Post by ArcEye » Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Personally I'm suspecting an actual camera fault as Avionic has stated at above.

The Video seems to show a very uniformed glitch of the fps of the actual camera.

Firstly I would try switching its USB port to rule out a power drop or such like via the USB. (Edit missed your post on doing this) Also check the Cable is till fitted within the camera properly as maybe it's been stretched or pulled during flying or positioning.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 pm

ArcEye wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm
Personally I'm suspecting an actual camera fault as Avionic has stated at above.

The Video seems to show a very uniformed glitch of the fps of the actual camera.

Firstly I would try switching its USB port to rule out a power drop or such like via the USB. (Edit missed your post on doing this) Also check the Cable is till fitted within the camera properly as maybe it's been stretched or pulled during flying or positioning.
All cables, USB's check out OK. I downloaded Opentrack on my laptop and the camera checks out ok too. Th Camera info shows the FPS at 15 to 16 FPS on my laptop. Picture is clear and not stuttering.

Guys, I don't think it's the camera.
I'm about ready to give up and buy TrackIR , except that I think it might be a waste of money.
Is there a different app other than Opentrack that I can use with my PS3 camera and Delan clip?

Mooch

Post by Mooch » Sat May 08, 2021 2:06 pm

That sucks Kit. Interestingly, I've come to the realization that I have more trouble in Tobruk with my Track IR. It's workable, but it's like an intermittent attack of Parkinson's where the view will quiver for a few seconds. Also getting more horizontal lines in the prop disk. Frigging computers.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat May 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Now I'm really grabbing at straws.
Could I have a heat problem? I've been meaning to take the tower out to the garage and give it a good air blast with the compressor to clear any dust buildup on the fans, etc.
It's seems odd that if any possible overheating would only show an adverse reaction in my Opentrack camera FPS, and nowhere else.
Anyway, a good air blast couldn't hurt.

Paddy

Post by Paddy » Sat May 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Kit Pepper wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 pm
Is there a different app other than Opentrack that I can use with my PS3 camera and Delan clip?
Try facetracknoir.
Cheers,

Paddy
Group Captain John 'Paddy' Hemingway, we salute you

Dange

Post by Dange » Sat May 08, 2021 6:25 pm

Mooch ,

My trackir runs and ran perfectly in Box , Cliffs and Tobruk , so I'm surprised that you, or anybody else for that matter, is or may be having a problem with it . ?
Dange

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat May 08, 2021 7:16 pm

Dange wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:25 pm
Mooch ,

My trackir runs and ran perfectly in Box , Cliffs and Tobruk , so I'm surprised that you, or anybody else for that matter, is or may be having a problem with it . ?
Dange
Mine did too, until this started.

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm

What headtracker do you use? Track IR, DELANCLiP?
Professional manchild

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat May 08, 2021 8:28 pm

I got it working perfect now!
I went back to the date it started, and there was an app download for Microsoft office, I think. It was the only thing that had changed that day, so I deleted it, and the FPS twitching stopped. Halleluiah!
I can't say for sure that that was what cause it, but I tried everything else, and nothing worked. I was ready to ditch the Delan, and spend the money for Track IR, but my gut said it was not the gear, it was something with the apps.

Thanks chaps for everyone putting their heads together on this one. Now... on to Tobruk!